Chan 4 on FTA sat

HWO

Hi all

Have Chan 4 and 5 been taken off the FTA service on Astra.

I have finally got a a well know Midland dealer to remove a Camos heap of rubbish from the top of the van, and install another dome.

This one seems to work ok but the Chan 4 programe has nowt on it.Also Chan 5 but that don't matter really

4 plus 1 is there ok

Have these services been taken off FTA astra, or is it back to the well know Midland dealer

HWO

We have a camping satelite receiver with a small dish and it picks up all channels including Cannel 4 but not channel 5 which seemed to disapear altogether about 3 months ago. Although it only cost £60 odd from Maplins It works as far south as Tolouse, we even managed to get some BBC channels (BBC Wales to be more accurate) in Insbruck just last month but only when it wasn't cloudy or raining.

Guest ChrisB

Noticed the same thing yesterday - CH4+1 but no Ch4 and had not re-tuned.

I think someone is moving channels about!

Today no Sky News!

I think a full re-tune is needed.

Guest ChrisB

As I understand it if you have a "Freesat" box (check for the logo) re-tuning and other functions such as channel numbering are carried out automatically on switch-on (or a re-set).

Mine is a Ross receiver purchased from Aldi. They offer a regular download of an updated database of UK channels on a website ( http://www.nexusinds.com/ross/uk/support ) - just downloaded mine to a USB memory stick and will see what effect this have (having saved my current setup in case of disaster).

Archived