sunseeker 145

tonyclaire

Hi all. May be purchasing an Elddis Sunseeker 145 2011/11 plate. It has the layout we like and reviews are generally pos for an entry level van. There seem to be very few Sunseeker 145 out there unlike the Autoquest, is there a reason for this that we should know about? Who make the Sunseeker range?

Guest pelmetman

The clue is in the Elddis bit who's name has been around since nearly the start of caravaning ;-).............quite who now owns the monica I've no idea, but I expect its one of the big boys ;-)...............

Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable :-S

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2012-06-23 7:06 PM

I think you can do better.....

Agreed ;-).............for the same money...............not that I know what your budget is, but if your looking at a 2011 van then you ain't spending peanuts................ you can get a cracking older van............don't be fooled by newer means better :D

The Sunseeker is a Dealer special based on the Elddis Autoquest 145

http://www.elddis.co.uk/motorhomes/1007/autoquest_145.html

There are also other Dealer variants, Marquis for the "Majestic" is one & I think Richard Baldwin's RBM range.

All the Dealer specials will have enhanced equipment levels, often at price similar to the standard model, but will vary from Dealer to Dealer.

tonyclaire - 2012-06-24 11:08 AM

Thanks for info. Do you know what the criteria is re servicing and habitation cert to maintain the 6 year warranty from Elddis re water ingress? Thanks again.

....I would assume it is the same as the 2011 Elddis Autoquest, for which the handbook, which includes the detailed warranty conditions, can be downloaded here:

http://www.elddis.co.uk/downloads/2011/autoquest-handbook.pdf

(Note, the 2012 models have a different - longer- warranty and conditions).

Contacted West Country Motorhomes and you were spot on. All Sunseekers go through them so have managed to track down the dealer they had passed it on to who was able to confirm not only did they sell the vehicle, it is booked in for a service and hab cert all within the timeframe required by Elddis. Big help as we can now proceed knowing all manufacturers warranties are valid. Many thanks.

Archived