SAT NAV

spike

Last week I bought one of the below on ebay, My Garmin Nuvi660 had just given up after six years and I was looking to replace it. I know it is a cheap import from China but it cost only £84.00 but so far I have been very impressed. The instruction manual that is supplied is quite poor but if you request something better they will email you a full 100 page one

.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-inch-Truck-GPS-SAT-NAV-MP4-Lorry-Coach-Bluetooth-Free-Update-SpeedCam-POI-L18-/260911359316?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cbf876554

I thought I should share with your readers my experiences with Falcon Security.co.uk.

Last September I attended the motor home show at Shepton Mallet and purchased a 7” Sat Nav plus a reversing camera. On checking the total bill I found that they had over charged me by £29. I have made numerous requests for a refund by email and have several promises from different people to sort the overpayment out, but nothing transpired.

Just to add to my joys we set the Sat Nav up for a trip to Portsmouth to catch the ferry to Santander. I reversed down the drive with a lovely view from the reversing camera. Change to forward gear and the screen goes blank. No charging light showing, absolutely dead. We continued on holiday, thankfully with our reliable TomTom, to Spain and Portugal.

I contacted Falcon on my return to the UK and they gave me a returns address to send the unit for repair. That is two weeks ago now since I posted it to them recorded delivery. I sent an email to them a couple of days ago asking for a progress report and also suggested that perhaps they could include my refund when they return the sat nav. The Sat nav arrived in the post on Saturday morning with no paperwork or anything in the package. I did have an email from them to say that the package had already been sent when my email arrived, but she would ask accounts to sort out the refund. Surprise, surprise I have not yet had any response for that. I decided to have a trip out of about 100 miles using the repaired sat nav. On that trip the screen went blank twice and the device had to be reset each time. Then the screen froze and had to be reset and it also switched itself off three times. So much for a repaired sat nav. From my experience of their customer service I would just advise other readers of the following phrase;

BUYER BEWARE OF FALCON SECURITY.

We have just got a Garmin Dezl, it’s not cheap but does height and width etc. not very old but seems to be ok, was not impressed with the Snooper 2000 at all.

Someone advised me to get a brand you know, or have heard of.

We brought from Halfords on line got a bit of a discount but if we have any problems back to Halfords it will go.

Also a lot of people have POI's that they have in the format for Garmin, Snooper you had to send of to get converted never got them back.

Hope this helps.

:-D

Archived