2.0 jtd motorhomes

Coachman

I had one, a Lunar Newstar also on 3400 kg and it was ok. I had it remapped (no extra insurance when I told them) and it was much, much better. Not a problem in my view but if you find it a bit sluggish then a remap is the way to go.

Hi there..I have a McLouis 2ltr JTD and it struggled a bit on the hills. I bought a chipped black box you just wire up to the battery and then remove the injector attachments, put these on in their place and put the attachments back on and job done...Made a big difference, alot more mid range grunt.Brilliant! Ivan

I think that with a "tuning box" it is wired in between the ECU and the injectors rather than to the battery...... Tuning boxes work mostly by fooling the injector system, whereas a proper remap optimises the whole fuel system. Lots written about tuning boxes; they work for some people but not for others (ECU warning lights, excessive smoke, etc). I have used both and given the choice would go for a remap every time. Horses for courses, as they say.

Archived