waste water indicator fault

SuzieH

Have just started "motorhoming" in Autocruise Starburst 2006.

Discover that the waste tank was full - although the indicator read as 0% FULL.

Must be a sensor somewhere - but no clues in the handbook.

Any suggestions PLEASE.

It will be in the waste tank, mine has three  prongs each one longer than it's neighbor the longest one detects water level first, 1/4 full, the middle one 1/2 and the shortest  3/4 to full. a small electric current is present in the prongs, could be that the prongs are gunged up and not transmitting properly,no big deal if the sensor is not working, just leave the  drain tap open and catch waste in a bucket for disposal.My van is an Hymer but the principal is the same on mostvans.

The sensors commonly get gunged up, grease is the culprit, a good coating stops the electric signal.

Try a dishwasher tablet swilled down the sink into a full tank and leave it for a day.

The tank will smell sweeter if nothing else!

H

Hallii that's a great idea. Our waste tank is honking after 8 months on the road. We bought tank freshner but even that hasn't helped - too much rich Spanish, French and Italian food me thinks. I'll give it a try at the next supermarket.

As for the original post. Our indicator for waste water went a while back. As the tank is the same size as the fresh one we just make sure we always empty when we fill up, so we can't over fill the waste.

Julie

OurTour - touring Europe in a motorhome

Hi SuzieH & welcome to the forum.

The commonest problem is as Vindiboy describes, caused by an accumulation of grease, etc., on the contacts/probes.

On our Autocruise Sportstar there are 3 wires leading to a metal bar, covered by a fabric tape, on the side of the Waste Tank. It is worth just checking that these have not become detached.

Since the sensor ceased working in the waste tank on my previous van, I like Julie, make a point of emtying it in line with the need to fill up with fresh water. The previous fresh water fill is whats filled the waste tank! This also lightens the load when on the move.

John

Same problem on my Autocruise Augusta, was recommended to use Puriclean in my instance I put appropriate amount into fresh water tank, those sensors were playing up as well, left overnight then pumped large quatity into waste tank also left overnight then drained and flushed out, Just back from 2 weeks in the rain in Devon and all worked well, no more flashing lights and warning bleeps. Found mine on the internet and not expensive £10 for 2 x400 mil jars which should do 5 goes.

I had tried to clean sensors but that ain't easy.

Hope this assists

• 1 month later...

Archived