Scooter option

sean.clarke

Brian Kirby - 2012-06-27 5:20 PM

If SAWICO are at Osnabruck, I'd think there is a fair chance there'll be someone there who speaks English. Was a huge BAOR base until the 1990s, so many local firms would have had business from UK forces. Taking new cars and motorhomes back from postings, even on leave, at favourable tax rates was a very popular passtime. Some even got sold as soon as they were back in UK, with others bought to replace them. Bet someone on here will have experience! :-)

If Sean has the time, and just visits for a day or three, I suspect he could leave with a nice shiny new 150Kg capacity AlKo rack on the back of his van. All he'd really need to do is check he can pay by card. Not all German businesses will take card payments.

Sawiko don't (or didn't) take card for the spares I had off them (it was a Euro Bank Transfer).

A few years ago, we stopped off in Osnabruck to shop on the way through. Checkout girl at the supermarket was English - daughter of BAOR personnel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudgeMental - 2012-06-27 5:24 PM

Robinhood - 2012-06-27 4:53 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-06-27 4:29 PM

just use Google automatic translator...... honestly no need to struggle..

Or if you use Chrome as your browser it is automatic

....fine for the webpages (I usually use Chrome 'cos it's the easier option), but not for the PDF catalogue download (which is where all the pricing info is).

cut and paste into google translator

.....but doesn't work for a protected (non copyable) PDF.

30-40 ;-)

Archived