Flashing LED on Door Locking switch

tonyfletcher

Hi,

Got an Autotrail Mohawk and just locked it up tonight and I've got a flashing red LED on the internal door locking switch. Also had a red light on the door lock switch on the drivers door switches (same location as the electric windows) this has now gone out, do I have a problem, don't seem to have noticed this flashing light before - not had the vehicle long - any advice?

My advice would be to contact Auto-Trail or the dealership you bought the vehicle from.

I can't see anything about this in the latest Auto-Trail handbook (I'm assuming your Mohawk is brand new), but it may relate to the Ducato's immobiliser and/or central-locking system that (presumably) has been extended to include the motorhome's habitation entrance-door. I doubt that there's anything wrong and I suspect that the lights just indicate that the immobilser/central-locking has been activated.

Unless it's an 'add-on', then I would expect an explanation for the light on the driver's door switch to be given in the Ducato handbook.

If your Mohawk is not new, and the lights are add-ons installed by Auto-Trail or a previous owner, then who knows what they relate to - an alarm perhaps?

Hi Tony

I have the same on mine if yours is a Fiat when you press the switch to lock the flashing light stays on for a little while but make sure that you unlock it with the switch next to it,

if you forget it and then use the key to unlock or lock the van it throws the system out a bit nothing serious I have to press the button on my alarm sensor before the locking system is reset

Archived