Le-Tour

kelly58

We are back in France again Saturday and hoping to find a parking spot on the route Orchies - Bolougne on Tuesday 3rd and then possibly on to the Rouen - St-Quentin route Thursday 5th. I have printed off the stage routes and timetable's , just got to find a suitable spot to park up en route to enjoy the spectical.

We'll be watching the TV highlights at that point - stick a flag on your roof, or better still a sign saying KELLY58, and we'll look out for you!

We go over on 9th, and hope to catch stages 12 16 & 18 as part of our own clockwise "tour." A silver Transit hightop should be easier to spot - let us know if and of you see us on telly!!

help I have been looking for the opening stage to see who is televising it . So far no good .

Can anyone tell me what channel and if it will be aired ?. Its in leige . Don't want to miss it ohhhhhhhh so excited can't wait . Enjpy you guys I am so envious one year I will make it . :D

We are off next week to see stages 9 10 and 12. Eurosport do a live feed and a highlights in the evening, thats for Astra of course. If you are in France then France 2&3 on Atlantic bird satellite gives full live coverage and assorted support programmes in the evening, obviously in french

Forgot to say that if your over in France and want to know the route in detail, buy an Equipe paper. Its a sport paper that during Le Tour has in depth coverage, don't worry if you can't read french the route bits are quite straight forward

Hi again. For anyone interested. Further to my previous post. Don't forget it starts on a Saturday. The ITV4 live coverage starts most days at 2pm, so only covers the last stages, with highlights at 7pm.

If you want full live coverage its got to be Eurosport. This means satellite or cable from Sky for British Eurosport, or if you have a digital free-sat receiver you can receive German Eurosport. Its free, but with German commentary. It is from Astra 1 at 19.2* east. LNB 9750-10600. trans 12226H. Some receivers are pre- tuned for this. Just select the Astra 1 sat at 19.2 then scan through the channels to find Eurosport. On the "Ross" receivers that I have seen this has been channel 0090. Or if your receiver is not pre- tuned, you will have to go through the set up / tuning procedure.

Brian B.

• 2 weeks later...
There were only us and another Brit on that section so we had to paint Wiggo and Cav on the road to give them our support , It was our 1st time on Le Tour and would not have missed it for the world looking forward to a re-visit next year .

Cav's salary is reputed to be £1.8 million per year. I'd be happy to collect bottles for that pay.

I doubt he will stay at Sky next year. He will want a team built around him.. But no other team can afford that sort of money.

Makes you think we are paying too much for Sky Tv.

Archived