HMRC maybe going online for vehicle registration

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

have just had a call and I have been selected (as I am on record of importing new camper last April) to attend a training session in Holborn next week. As they want to see how their new online registration system works in practice with members of the public...

It appears that the intention is for the whole registration process to be possible on line including VAT, DVLA etc....All in one package

Forum members will probably be aware of the proposal to close all 39 local DVLA Local Offices by 2013.

There is already an on-line vehicle registration system (AFRL - Automated First Registration and Licensing)

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/additional/files/enforcement-and-research-activities/secure-registration/v55-secure-registration.pdf

but not all vehicles can be registered via AFRL.

Presumably the system JudgeMental will be trialling will be an extension of AFRL.

Guest JudgeMental

Had a chat with HMRC chap and told him I would not be attending. He says the intention is the VAT has to payed before you can register with DVLA. So its not going to be a seamless procedure..,,probably just Dickensian with lots of paper shuffling as ever :-D

Kirby! you should go and ruin there day! :D

Archived