Snooper Ventura Problem?

Dodgey

Has anyone else got a Snooper Ventura that touch screen doesn't seem to be that repsonsive and also not very accurate. If I tough the screen for a letter it seems to go to the next letter to it. I have tried calibrating it to no avail, I have sent it back and they said they replaced it but I'm sure it's the same unit as it is only slighter better than before. So my question is how precise is your when using the touch screen?

Thanks for any replies.

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes I've got a Snooper Ventura S6000, had it for about 9 months now.

Never had any problem with keying in on screen with man sized fingers. Most of the on screen keys are pretty large so much easier than my smartphone. So may be your unit is at fault.

You could try using a touch screen stylus. We got ours free with the smart phone. you can buy them most places - just google touch screen stylus. Ours is an

Exspect - EX157 - Universal Touchscreen Stylus costs around £5.

Hi Andy

I've had an S7000 since early last year and had similar "problems" . I returned the unit but they said it was fine but referred to a "screen protector" which I had fitted. The protector had been removed by them and it has been less inaccurate since BUT it still is not accurate when using the touch screen. I now use a fairly hard stylus and when I press the desired area I pause until the colour changes.

I have just returned after 6 weeks in France and my advice is: DO NOT RELY ON THE S 7000 KEEPING YOU "ON THE RIGHT ROAD"! The only real advantage is the big screen.

I believe the Garmin range is a better engineered product and easier to use-but then I've been using Garmin for many years. 8-)

Archived