SHEFFIELD BUSINESS PARK

SHEFFIELD

S9 1XU

Other business activities

Legal Information

Accounts Overdue (as of 20 Jun 12)

Annual Return Overdue (as of 20 Jun 12)

Company Registration No.: 07140877

....interesting, but take care. Though there may (or may not) be some connection, this is not the company trading at Goldthorpe and currently building RS Motorhomes (and ostensibly still trading).

The latter is RS Motorhomes Sales (South Yorkshire), and at companies house is a separate and separately addressed legal entity to the one mentioned in the OP.

The directorship of the latter appears to be in the hands of a member of the Rowe family (who build RS Motorhomes) whereas the other is in a different name.

Guest JudgeMental
Have never heard of em......... Anyone being asked for a large deposit on a new van would do well to do a credit check first! Also written contract with date of delivery + deposit return option. Pay deposit by credit card! These are turbulent times and set to get a lot worse....

....further to my post above, there is an interesting history and connection to be revealed by a London Gazette search (which may also reveal why the current - still trading - firm appears to be in the name of one of the original owning family, but not the two original principals).

The liquidators for RS MOTORHOMES SALES LIMITED were actually appointed almost a year ago.

Edit to add:

at the prices RS charged for motorhomes, a deposit paid on credit card is not likely to add much protection (AIUI, joint liability only being applicable in the case of the full price of the item being at least £100 and not exceeeding £30K)

Guest pelmetman
Seems to me that if they are still trading they need to tell the motorhoming public pronto, as confusion like this will do them no good at all *-)............the original thread came from Motorhome fun so its out there for all to see :-S...........

Without reference to any company(ies) already mentioned in previous posts.

It always amazes me how easily companies can go into receivership (or any of the other variations on it) and spring up with another very similar name with new directors often with the same surname as the directors of the bankrupt firm.

All very legal and above board I am sure, load the company going to the wall with all the debts and continue trading with a sister company making sure the directors continue to get paid.

I know of a company personally that has done it three times, he simply buys the assets from the receivers and starts up again with another family member named as director etc.

As I said, this is a general observation and I am sure that this is not what has happened with the company named in the above post.

H

JudgeMental - 2012-06-29 11:13 AM

Have never heard of em......... Anyone being asked for a large deposit on a new van would do well to do a credit check first! Also written contract with date of delivery + deposit return option. Pay deposit by credit card! These are turbulent times and set to get a lot worse....

RS Motorhomes have been around for ages. See

http://www.rsmotorhomes.com/about.html

Their motorhomes are not for people who worry too much about lack of money ;-)

Archived