Caravan club POI site data

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

I have the caravan club UK sites POI on my sat nav, but have noticed their own sat nav has all the European sites that are in the two Euro guides (I have these)

Does any one know if and where you can download these European sites please

Doh!..they are on the CC site ready for download...anyway maybe handy to others who may not of known ;-)

Unless I'm looking at the wrong place, Eddie, I think all they are is the selected sites the CC uses for its foreign holiday bookings. Have you tried it?

The file I got is only 32kb and when opened is .csv, so it opens with Excel and not MapSource. There are only 226 sites in the list, so definitely not the full list from Caravan Europe.

Also, silly CC, .csv is not a Garmin format, needs to be .gpx or .gdb for Garmin! :-)

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2012-06-29 7:07 PM

Unless I'm looking at the wrong place, Eddie, I think all they are is the selected sites the CC uses for its foreign holiday bookings. Have you tried it?

The file I got is only 32kb and when opened is .csv, so it opens with Excel and not MapSource. There are only 226 sites in the list, so definitely not the full list from Caravan Europe.

Also, silly CC, .csv is not a Garmin format, needs to be .gpx or .gdb for Garmin! :-)

Thanks David have all those!

Yes Brian VERY disappointing and just like the CC in general! *-)

feel sorry for those that fork out £350 for their lamentable sat nav 8-)

flicka - 2012-06-30 9:09 PM

But AIUI you still don't get the CL's included (?) (?) :-S

John, on this page http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/planning-your-holiday/uk-holiday-planning/route-planner/satellite-navigation-downloads/tomtom-poi/ I think you do get the CL info along with the main Club sites and the selected Continental sites as mentioned above.

I have just added the Continental sites to my Tomtom.

Archived