French weather forcast. Best website please.

chris

Not been too bad over here for last few weeks. Better than Uk anyway from what I have heard.

I've been in Dordogne / Ile de Re / and now on Normandy coast, where there have been some heavy showers today - but only had half a dozen bad days in last 4 weeks.

Have a good trip

Used Meteofrance extensively this spring trying to dodge the rain and cold, and found it reasonably accurate. A number of folk we met quoted various alternatives, most contradicting the Meteofrance forecast, and most were wrong, most of the time. None of them are 100% accurate, they are forecasts after all, but it is easy to drill down through the maps to local areas, while entering a town, or even a quite small village, name will get a fair 5 day forecast based on that location. The structure is first national, then regional, then departmental, then major towns. Alternatively, just type in a town name, and search that. However, where there are several places with the same name (not infrequent! :-)) you need to know the postal number, or at least the department it is in, to get the right one.

pelmetman - 2012-06-30 6:19 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-06-30 4:04 PM

You sure you want to know Chris! :D

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/accueil/

Blimey 8-).........It don't look much better than here.......except maybe the rain is a little warmer :D

It's definitely been better than UK in central and western France.

AND ............... diesel is 1.27 in supermarkets and 1.50 on motorways.

( Did see it at 1.23 in one place but didn't need any at the time).

malc d - 2012-06-30 7:23 PM  diesel is 1.27 in supermarkets and 1.50 on motorways.( Did see it at 1.23 in one place but didn't need any at the time).

€1.27 is good, locally its €1.32 or £1.05 from the supermarchès.

OH and meteo I get mine through MeteoFrance via www.Orange.fr

Looks cold in t'north (Normandie and Brittany) and we could do with some rain to green up the lawn and top up the pool :-)

This is the one which seems most reliable for various locations in Europe. It is showing where we are now on a sailing boat and correctly forecast wind last night and some stormy rain today.

You can change the location near the top of the screen by clicking on Europe.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/san_carlos_de_la_rapita

There is also a Windfinder add-on for Firefox.

Suggest you give weathebug a miss-showing 15 degs here noth of Bordeaux on their site but it is absolutely scorching around 30 degs and wall to wall sunshine all day

Deisel is 1.27 at most supermarkets around here as well

Mike

Archived