HELP!! Advice need on MaxiView

troyandy9

Hello, I am asking for help from anyone who has a MaxiView satallite dish. I have just had one fitted to my motorhome and are getting mixed messages and conflicting stories about what I need to recieve the signals. Some say a free view box, some say a decoder some say receiver (i think the last 2 are the same) I am wanting one that is both 12and 240 Volt. If you could please tell me what I need and where to get one from I would be most grateful. many Thanks : :$

Freeview is a terrestrial system, ie ground station transmitters, and you normally, only get a decent picture if you are close to a transmitter or relay station. It is primarily for use in a home environment ,when you have a good aerial in a high location. Decoders/receivers are indeed one and the same, and would be used in conjunction with your MaxView satellite aerial/dish. The dual voltage decoders can be a bit pricey. I usually only connect up when on a site using their mains, or you could go the inverter route, that is 12v to 230v. I'm surprised that the guys that fitted your dish, were not more forthcoming with information. This is my interpretation of the system ,perhaps others will have more to say. Regards (lol)

Archived