Vodafone data traveller finished and new tariff a complete rip off

Barryd999

If like me you travel abroad a lot and have used the vodafone data traveller service for £10 a month then sadly as of today it's no longer available!

Instead vodafone think they are doing us all a favor by giving us euro traveller which for three pounds a day allows you to use your uk price plan and data allowance abroad. Great if you make lots of calls, texts and use lots of data. Not so great if like me you just need to check emails, send the odd text or make the odd call.

Now a single text will cost you £3!!! As it activates that days allowance! Madness. If I leave my roaming on and check emails everyday despite the tiny amount of data this uses instead of paying my £10 a Month this will now under the euro traveller package cost me £90 a month! A whopping 900% increase just when the new eu roaming laws capping data prices at 70 cents a mb come in. Data usage is supposed to now be cheaper!

The biggest disgrace though is the fact that myself and several other long term data traveller users have had assurances from vodafone over the last few weeks that and I quote "you will be able to continue to use data traveller as long as you remain on your current price plan"! I have this in writing from them as well but it appears to have been a blatant lie. There is a long thread about this on Motorhome facts where others have been told the same.

I was also informed three weeks ago by vodafone that I would not be charged for calling them while abroad. It seems I have had to call them several times to clarify the continuation of our data traveller package and following today's hour long conversation to them they then turned round and informed me that I am being charged for all calls to vodafone.

I'm not sure what legal action I can take against them but I intend to pursue it. At the very least I think all the mh forums need to be made aware how vodafone rewards loyalty and what a sham their systems and new packages really are.

I am totally outraged and feel very let down. I am no longer a member of Motorhome fun but would appreciate if anyone who is could raise the topic on there or provide a link to this thread or the one on facts.

Archived