Has anyone used "carparts4less"

dipsticks

Needing to source some oil and filter I came across "carparts4less" who seem to offer exceptional prices. Having entered my registration number on their website it tells me I have a 2006 2.4 Transit and uses this to identify the items I may need. This is correct except it is a 2007 Transit 2.4. I know the models changed around 2006 - 2007 from Mk6 to Mk7 and am concerned that I would receive the correct parts.

Does anyone have any experience with this company and/or any knowledge regarding identifying the vehicle and any possible differences 2006-2007 when the vehicle is identified only from DVLA registration details.

Any advice much appreciated.

Pete D

dipsticks - 2012-07-03 12:35 PM

Needing to source some oil and filter I came across "carparts4less" who seem to offer exceptional prices. Having entered my registration number on their website it tells me I have a 2006 2.4 Transit and uses this to identify the items I may need. This is correct except it is a 2007 Transit 2.4. I know the models changed around 2006 - 2007 from Mk6 to Mk7 and am concerned that I would receive the correct parts.

Does anyone have any experience with this company and/or any knowledge regarding identifying the vehicle and any possible differences 2006-2007 when the vehicle is identified only from DVLA registration details.

Any advice much appreciated.

Pete D

Hi there,

i have the same problem with my van 2006 model but first registered 2007

so when i put the registration number in it comes up with a 2007 X250 model

and not the 2006 X244 Boxer which it actually is.

The other way to do it is to use the drop down menus instead of putting

your registration number in.

I can highly recommend " carparts4less " as i have started using them instead

of " Euro Car Parts " that i used to use.

Car parts 4 less are a sister company to Euro car parts ( i think ) as the web-site is exactly

the same format just in a different colour and " A LOT CHEAPER "

So long as you know what you want you can make a very very big saving on parts

and they are delivered " FREE " to you door usually within 2 days

Some one on here will tell you how to differentiate between the models.

p.s. For oil i`ve been using the supermarkets ( Asda ) mainly for quite a few

years now. So long as you know the correct grade / viscosity etc they take some

beating. I use Castrol GTX and every now and then they " halve " the price

bringing it down to £10 per 4 litres and that`s when i buy it.

Regards

Graham

Thank you Graham,

Your method of specifying the vehicle worked well on the website, and, as well as giving the comfort of coming up with the same part number for the filter and oil, did show the correct vehicle year too.

I have ordered the (expensive oil) items from carparts4less and they say they will deliver tomorrow! so fingers crossed. It is my first foray into fully synthetic oil and I am buying the oil that meets the specification in the handbook at the best price I can find. At £21.59 for 4 litres the oil is substantially cheaper than Halfords at £29,99 for the same thing and delivered too.

Quite a shock in the wallet from our family car, an old Audi, where the handbook oil specification meets with Lidl's oil specification and costs about £9 for 5 litres !

Many thanks again.

Pete D

dipsticks - 2012-07-04 5:43 PM

Excellent ordered the parts at 3pm yesterday and they arrived at 2pm today, no delivery charge and best price.

Thanks again Wooie

Nice 1..... glad your happy with that.

That`s how companies should work...........if they can do it why can`t others ?

I take it you`ll be using them from now on ?

Regards

Graham.

Guest Tracker

A word of caution - be aware that there are lots of very convincing counterfeit parts sloshing around on the market so be careful what you use.

Personally I only ever buy the vehicles manufacturers brake parts as for the sake of a few quid every now and then I like to sure that three and half tonnes is going to stop when I ask it to!

Similarly with oil and filters - I prefer a decent quality oil and a branded filter for the sake of a few quid?

They might well be genuine parts at a discount - lets hope so - but in this life you pays your money and takes yer chance!

I once bought a pair of cheap front wings for a Transit and fitting them was like something from the Krypton factor - never again!!

Tracker - 2012-07-04 5:54 PM

A word of caution - be aware that there are lots of very convincing counterfeit parts sloshing around on the market so be careful what you use.

Personally I only ever buy the vehicles manufacturers brake parts as for the sake of a few quid every now and then I like to sure that three and half tonnes is going to stop when I ask it to!

Similarly with oil and filters - I prefer a decent quality oil and a branded filter for the sake of a few quid?

They might well be genuine parts at a discount - lets hope so - but in this life you pays your money and takes yer chance!

I once bought a pair of cheap front wings for a Transit and fitting them was like something from the Krypton factor - never again!!

This site sells quality branded parts at very competitive prices and delivered to your door

Unless i`m getting confused i thought that the likes of Bosch, Castrol, Shell, Valvolene

etc.etc. etc. were branded names.

A couple of years back i ordered some new brake pads for my Zafira from the Main Vauxhall

Agent Perrys and as i arrived to collect them from the parts counter the local supplier Partco

was actually delivering in. When i queried this they said they were out of stock and got them

from Partco instead.

And i`ll think you`ll find that the likes of Carparts4less and Euro Car Parts actually supply

most of the garages with their replacement parts.

The fact is we haven`t all got " bottomless pits " of money and so if there is a chance to buy

branded names and good prices then so be it

Take a look !

Guest Tracker

I have not tried this company and am not doubting you at all, but the thing about counterfeit parts is that they look exactly like branded parts and are very good copies of both product and packaging, that's why they are called counterfeit and not fake, so when something seems too good to be true................................

Quite frankly my life and that of my family is too valuable to even take a risk on sun standard critical parts - if I'm that struck for cash I would rather buy from a breaker - but even then you don't know whose parts were fitted.

I'm not being paranoid but a haul of counterfeit car parts sometimes makes the news and all I am saying is buyer beware.

What each individual chooses to do is up to them and I am not criticising anyone - other than importers and retailers of dodgy goods.

And it has been know for these " counterfeit " parts to find there way into main dealers.

Several years back on the news if i recall.

Anything , anywhere can be counterfeited.

All i know is i`ve never had a problem with the parts all of which are branded names

that i`ve had from these suppliers over the years.

My latest purchase 2 weeks back was for a pair of 22" Bosch Super Plus Wiper Blades

that i got for £ 7.56 delivered.... YES....£7.56 delivered for the pair £3.78 each

That`s not just for the rubbers but for the full wiper blade, boxed and sealed.

Regards

Guest Tracker

Copy parts are sometimes sourced from the same factory and not always poor quality either illicitly or production over runs sold off to clear and the only way you would ever know is when or if a crucial part failed and hopefully it never will.

There is a huge difference between the quality standards and specifications required for say brake parts or engine oil and say windscreen wipers.

All I am saying is caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - nothing more - nothing less - that is all - end of!!

Tracker - 2012-07-04 7:56 PM

Copy parts are sometimes sourced from the same factory and not always poor quality either illicitly or production over runs sold off to clear and the only way you would ever know is when or if a crucial part failed and hopefully it never will.

There is a huge difference between the quality standards and specifications required for say brake parts or engine oil and say windscreen wipers.

All I am saying is caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - nothing more - nothing less - that is all - end of!!

Hi Rich, before I retired I was Technical Services Manager for a large national property services firm we were Corgi registered and did Insurance work and servicing for housing associations. I bought Branded gas spares from a large national chain, a rival company started and offered parts branded as I thought Honeywell etc at a fraction of the cost, after a few months I questioned the local branch manager about these costs he admitted all their parts we copies you could not tell the difference the parts, boxes, instructions were identical. I stopped dealing with them immediately as I have a conscience. As I ordered from the original firm I did request they give me an assurance their parts were genuine, they would not put this in writing. I followed this up with several manufactures their advice was pass the work to us ?? who wins The counterfeit parts is a huge market. and is much bigger than thought ask any Trading Stanards Officer.

Alf

My last Hymer was on a FIAT 2.5TD When it came to 48k I asked for the timing belt to be changed. after 300 miles it failed,this was using 'FIAT' parts. My garage was mortified and replaced everything at his cost he also sourced parts from a different motor factor after that. Incidentally he was able to get a full exhaust system from the new factor for th esame price as FIATs wanted for just an expansion box!

Anybody selling 'genuine parts' which are counterfeit is committing a criminal act and should be treated as such.

Archived