Additional driving bans in Germany

Don Madge

There are additional driving bans in Germany for HGV's in July and August full details and map at http://tinyurl.com/goujo As well as the all year round Sunday/public holiday ban in July/August HGV's are banned from many roads on Saturday as well. So if you are planning a route through Germany you might find the info useful. Regards Don

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2006-06-23 10:25 AM Hi, Don Thanks for the link, if i have read it correctly it only applies to vehicles over 7.5 tons ??. As my MH is classed as Private HGV i was begining to get worried ? Brian[/QUOTE] Brian It only applies to Trucks (heavy lorry traffic) over 7.5 tons if they went on weight alone some coaches could be effected by the ban. Don

Don, When I checked last year, speed limits and HGV autobahn lane restrictions applied to motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes. I never thought to check the limits for Sunday, etc., driving, but my understanding was clearly that motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes are restricted to 50mph (80kph) on autobahns, and are subject to confinement to the nearside lane on 2-lane motorways when that restriction applies to HGVs.

[QUOTE]Mel E - 2006-06-26 1:19 AM Don, When I checked last year, speed limits and HGV autobahn lane restrictions applied to motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes. I never thought to check the limits for Sunday, etc., driving, but my understanding was clearly that motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes are restricted to 50mph (80kph) on autobahns, and are subject to confinement to the nearside lane on 2-lane motorways when that restriction applies to HGVs.[/QUOTE] Mel, Since May 2005 the speed limit for motorhomes over 3500 kgs has been 100 kph. Don

Archived