Eric sykes

skyrider

Sadly Eric sykes has died one of the original comedians like morecambe and wise etc who didnt need to use smutty jokes or bad language unlike the so called modern comedians have to resort to.as soon as the new lot come on the one eyed monster i switch off as i find them about as funny as a dose of the trotts >:-(

Guest Tracker

Absolutely agree - a gentle man in all respects - and a darned good scriptwriter too - sadly missed and I too doubt we will see his like again.

His film 'The Plank' from about the mid sixties and with a host of big name cameos is one of the funniest films that I have ever seen - and not a word was spoken all through it!

Wonderful, pure, humour.

R I P

He never clamoured for a knighthood either did he? not like a lot of other so called artistes I could mention, a good northern lad from Oldham.

I read an article about another great comic actor Harld H Corbett of Steptoe and Son who was a Royal marine during the war and saw lots of action where he killed two of the enemy in hand to hand combat, he killed one with a bayonet and the other with a knife.

Guest pelmetman
Heard him on the radio not long back..........and thought then, I hope my mind is as sharp as that when I get to 80 odd ;-).................

Sorry to hear this, I met him once at a house party, he was my best friends uncle, him and her dad were brothers. Lovely man, you would never have thought there was an ounce of fame in him, he just mixed with every one and because most of them were family and new him when he was in short trousers :-> no one treated him any differently.

Mandy

Agree to all above as well. Fond memories of his "sit com" with Hattie J. His bit/cameo parts in films are worth a mention. I think the last one for him was as the Caretaker of the old Riddle House at the start of the Harry Potter film Goblet of Fire. I doubt that anyone under a certain age recognised him when they saw the film. Then of course he appears again at the end of the film as a kind of ghost. Great guy - will be missed.

Archived