French Aires and alcohol

tonyclaire

Any assumption that the Police or Gendarmerie will use the results of your breath test carried out with your equipment as a basis for prosecution are erroneous and without any basis in fact. The law has been introduced so that every motorist will be able to self test prior to departure, personally, if I felt the need to self test, I would not drive.

Should you be pulled then the forces of law and order will test you on a pukka, calibrated, Police  intoximeter and then throw the book at you if you are reckless enough to endanger others.

sshortcircuit - 2012-08-09 10:24 PM

Totally confused with your logic Brian. My logic is that if you are stopped it saves them providing a breathalyser and if you fail on your kit they can do you and if you do not have the kit they can still do you. Its all about making money.

Ah, but that is not logical! :-)

It is not about money, it is about making people think, before they drink, before they drive.

As Retread says, they won't rely on your kit either way: they will use their's, because it will be fully calibrated, and they will probably do as they do in UK, and take you to a police station where an even more accurate machine will put the final nail through your driving licence.

You are merely being invited to demonstrate responsibility. If you demonstrate irresponsibility, expect a more severe penalty. As I said, why else require them to be carried? Effectively, you will condemn yourself by your own actions. You have nowhere to hide, and no defence. Think about it, it is quite subtle.

Archived