A-Frames or Trailers?

Woodlander

Woodlander - 2012-10-07 10:28 AM
JudgeMental - 2012-10-06 11:05 AMHa ha ha..and the man with the gun in Spain will probably slap you round the head with it! for wasting his time!.A frame towing is banned in Spain

OK - take a look at this:

http://www.tow-bars2tow-cars.co.uk/the_system.php

It seems to me that there is some confusion between " complying with EU standards " and " being legal to use"If you bought a gun manufactured in the EU, I'm sure that you would get a certificate stating that it meets EU specifications, but that doesn't mean you can use it all over Europe.In the case of Spain, it seems that they have decided to make it illegal to tow any vehicle with its' four wheels on the ground - that, it seems to me is a perfectly clear law ( even if we don't like it ).As towing with an A-frame involves towing a vehicle with all four wheels on the ground, it seems obvious to me that they can not be legally used in Spain.I have no problems with people using trailers / A-frames or what ever they can safely use - I just don't understand why people cannot accept that the laws in other countries can be different to our ownIf I had an A-frame I just wouldn't take it to Spain. :-|

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malc d - 2012-10-07 11:14 AM
JudgeMental - 2012-10-06 11:05 AMHa ha ha..and the man with the gun in Spain will probably slap you round the head with it! for wasting his time!.A frame towing is banned in Spain

It seems to me that there is some confusion between " complying with EU standards " and " being legal to use"If you bought a gun manufactured in the EU, I'm sure that you would get a certificate stating that it meets EU specifications, but that doesn't mean you can use it all over Europe.In the case of Spain, it seems that they have decided to make it illegal to tow any vehicle with its' four wheels on the ground - that, it seems to me is a perfectly clear law ( even if we don't like it ).As towing with an A-frame involves towing a vehicle with all four wheels on the ground, it seems obvious to me that they can not be legally used in Spain.I have no problems with people using trailers / A-frames or what ever they can safely use - I just don't understand why people cannot accept that the laws in other countries can be different to our ownIf I had an A-frame I just wouldn't take it to Spain. :-|
Sensible comments at last. This is exactly what we do.Mike

Most of the problems that require alternative forms of transport,(in the UK) are primarily due to MH unfriendly local councils, banning folk from legally parking. Putting up the dreaded 'height barriers', these are even springing up in supermarket car parks now (Asda Merthry Tydfil), luckily not the Fuel station.

For 'less able' folk touring the UK in a Motorhome is starting to become a hassle, and it seems to be getting worse, noticed this in Norfolk recently, tried to visit a childhood holiday destination 'Winterton-on-sea' only to be told 'sorry, No motorhomes or caravanettes' even though i only wanted to park for an hour or so. (and it is a large car park) SO, it looks like an A-Frame is going to HAVE to be the way to go. As a Dog owning Motorhome user i am starting to feel a hint of 'Discrimination'.

IE. All Dogs are badly behaved and poo on the beach (which She doesn't,and if she did i would clear it up). All Motorhome owners stay overnight, then discharge foul water/toilet cassettes, which we don't.

Now, rant over must phone up and get the towbar fitted, ready for an A-frame. Ray

You will note that you will get a CofC to take with you, have you looked up what it covers? let me tell you, Machinary, Eletromagnetic interferance and Low voltage systems, nothing to do with trailers, BUT, you will be carrying a V5c and this is a EU wide reconised document that confirms without doubt that what you are towing is a car, something which is illegal in Spain.

Archived