REACHING 70 AND WEIGHTS

Guest VI

Guest CHRIS EVANS
Had a Chuasson Allegro 83. Our original dealer gave us the best deal with no gimmicks and we have no complaints. We have the van we want sooner than we thought too as its in stock. Hope your new home is ready soon but don't forget home is where you park it too Have fun and take care Chris

• 1 year later...
Hi, I know its not right and the NHS should be able to do things quicker, but as you say below you could lose money if you sell the motorhome and then find its all OK, why don't you ask your doctor about going for the tests privately, i know it will cost money but it could be a lot less than you may lose and also it will put your husbands mind at rest quicker [QUOTE]Violet watkinson - 2005-02-01 11:58 AM Thankyou for your interest Mike, I have now been in touch with our M.P.who is taking the matter up with the Swansea, and he say's the TRANSPORT MINISTER.As yet I have not had a reply.To think that a person can drve a Motorhome up to 7.5.and tow a car on the back with out experience,and possible have four passengers in all talking at once.Is Unthinkable,and to me a accident waitng to happen.My husband is no different on the 4/2/ as he is on the 3.2. and we still have not had anything confirmed at the hospital.Imagine if we sold the Autotrail Scout and bought a smaller Autotrail.We would lose money.Then in Nine months nothings wrong,who will give Us back the money we have lost.We can't belive your story.It just goes to show how public money is wasted.We will carry on I will drive,But my husband as got a license untll 2008 so if he was stopped they would not know any different.But we are people who like to do no wrong.Remember we have a haulage buisness. What a crazy situation to be in. Thankyou for your advise. Regards Vi.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2007-08-05 6:21 PM Hi, I know its not right and the NHS should be able to do things quicker, but as you say below you could lose money if you sell the motorhome and then find its all OK, why don't you ask your doctor about going for the tests privately, i know it will cost money but it could be a lot less than you may lose and also it will put your husbands mind at rest quicker [QUOTE]Violet watkinson - 2005-02-01 11:58 AM Thankyou for your interest Mike, I have now been in touch with our M.P.who is taking the matter up with the Swansea, and he say's the TRANSPORT MINISTER.As yet I have not had a reply.To think that a person can drve a Motorhome up to 7.5.and tow a car on the back with out experience,and possible have four passengers in all talking at once.Is Unthinkable,and to me a accident waitng to happen.My husband is no different on the 4/2/ as he is on the 3.2. and we still have not had anything confirmed at the hospital.Imagine if we sold the Autotrail Scout and bought a smaller Autotrail.We would lose money.Then in Nine months nothings wrong,who will give Us back the money we have lost.We can't belive your story.It just goes to show how public money is wasted.We will carry on I will drive,But my husband as got a license untll 2008 so if he was stopped they would not know any different.But we are people who like to do no wrong.Remember we have a haulage buisness. What a crazy situation to be in. Thankyou for your advise. Regards Vi.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE] 8-) The medical at 70 years -the C10- is not a NHS funded item. Any doctor can give it-you do not have to be registered with that practice. As such every such medical is private. Few doctors do not charge most do between £60 and £200! Up to you to negotiate, DVLA requires the medical to be no earlier than 4 months before your 70 birthday. ;-)

Hi, Get your neighbour to report you for being unfit to drive to DVLA Medical Branch. They will then require you to go through the relevent procedures....at THEIR expense.... and eventually agree that you are fit to drive. Presumably you will then be able to drive what you have always driven until your neighbour complains again...in about three years. OK, I don't know if this will work, and maybe removing a toe by "shooting yourself in the foot" might mean you can't drive anything. 602

Archived