Cab door security

Jem100

Jem100 - 2012-07-09 6:21 PM

Would wlecome views on the best way and way to make the cab cab doors on my motorhome more secure - without huges cost please

I think some put chain across from oneside to the other.

Personally we don.t bother. Do you do any thing with your car doors?

If some one wants to break in , they will find a way. Windows/roof lights

PJay

Guest pelmetman
I use a couple of luggage straps looped through the door handles, the thought is it would slow them down and give me chance to get out of bed ;-)

We have a wire strop with a loop on each end made up by a lifting equipment company to an exact length to loop through the two door handles and then a padlock through the two end loops. Being steel wire it is difficult to cut and being a tight fit makes it impossible to open the doors or to sit in the drivers seat. Nothing can make a MH completely secure but this is a great deterent especially if you are parked up in an area you are too happy about or if the MH parked up and you are not in it.

Anything that makes it more difficult for the 'toe rags' to get in is worth considering.

Hi all. I am similar to Cliffy in that I bought 2 x heavy duty lengths of cable for bikes (each with loops at either end) from Halfords. They are tied around each door handle and then the right hand one goes under and then over the steering wheel for the loop to join the left hand one. They are then joined together with a heavy duty (shiny) padlock in the middle of the van. If anyone was to attempt to open either cab door then the horn will be sounded! (we will all jump - including the intruder!) During the day these same cables go round the bikes and bike rack and again are padlocked, hopefully making it a bit more difficult for any would be bike thieves whilst parked up in public places.

aande83 - 2012-07-09 11:06 PM

Hi all. I am similar to Cliffy in that I bought 2 x heavy duty lengths of cable for bikes (each with loops at either end) from Halfords. They are tied around each door handle and then the right hand one goes under and then over the steering wheel for the loop to join the left hand one. They are then joined together with a heavy duty (shiny) padlock in the middle of the van. If anyone was to attempt to open either cab door then the horn will be sounded! (we will all jump - including the intruder!) During the day these same cables go round the bikes and bike rack and again are padlocked, hopefully making it a bit more difficult for any would be bike thieves whilst parked up in public places.

So it,s easy to steal your bikes at night then???

The cheapest way of securing the cab doors is to feed the seat belts through the door pull and connect the seat belt buckle in the usual way, they just about reach on the Peugeot.

Cant move the doors a inch without breaking the glass and cutting the belt.

Pete

breakaleg - 2012-07-10 3:58 PM

The cheapest way of securing the cab doors is to feed the seat belts through the door pull and connect the seat belt buckle in the usual way, they just about reach on the Peugeot.

Cant move the doors a inch without breaking the glass and cutting the belt.

Pete

Thanks for this - just went out earlier & checked..... & it works well...... although I have to rotate seats through 180 degrees.

Can only open cab doors by about 1" ..... which does the trick. - better than a strap or wire going completely across the cab I think.

Archived