Well..!!!! Who would have thought it..???

nowtelse2do

A report commissioned for the G20 Financial Ministers has warned that Oil Traders may have fiddled the benchmark trading price for oil. These benchmarks are used to calculated the costs of petrol & diesel that we buy at the pumps. In other words, it seems there is a possibility that Oil traders have profited from the misery caused by making petrol & diesel more expensive than needed to be.

This story appeared in The Daily Telegraph. (Do not confuse this paper with The Daily Mail :D :D )

Dave

Just to edit. Got this off the Fair Fuel Campaign

Guest pelmetman
I'm not surprised *-)................Just another reason to step off the money muppet wheel.........and chill B-)

Guest pelmetman

Panorama tonight.... even the tyre companies are ripping us off *-)

Just shows what a load of total B*llocks green energy is, we get charged extra to put up frigging expensive over rated windmills whilst the rest of the world takes the "P" >:-(

Ruddy politicians *-)

pelmetman - 2012-07-16 9:02 PM

Just shows what a load of total B*llocks green energy is, we get charged extra to put up frigging expensive over rated windmills whilst the rest of the world takes the "P" >:-(

Ruddy politicians *-)

Missed that.......what was that about ?........OK wise guy, I know it's about tyre's *-) but what was the rip off.

Dave

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-07-16 9:22 PM

pelmetman - 2012-07-16 9:02 PM

Ruddy politicians *-)

Missed that.......what was that about ?........OK wise guy, I know it's about tyre's *-) but what was the rip off.

Dave

Well you know the couple of quid you pay for having your tyre scrapped/recycled properly ;-)............well it seems like they rarely are, and end up dumped in the countryside by crooks or sent abroad to be burn't as cheap fuel, with all the consequences for the planet *-)...............Hence my point, why are we expected to pickup the tab for setting the example for green energy when the rest of the planet is laughing at us 8-)

Guest peter
They make excellent fuel. As evidenced by the number that get hung over speed cameras and have diesel put in and ignited. (lol)

Thanks for the replly Dave.

Just been reading today's paper and guess what.......Every home will on average pay £11 a year to be added for the next 8 years (I'm assuming this is to your council tax ) to pay for a vast network of pylons in a £22 billion project to link wind farms to the national grid. It's part of a £200 billion program to switch to 'green energy' and build nuclear power station's to meet targets to cut carbon emissions.

I thought wind farms were already linked to the national grid..!!

Foot Note.

Last week, a report from official advisers warned that UK industry will become more uncompetitive as soring 'GREEN ENERGY TAXES' make its bills higher than foreign rivals.

We are just being taken for a bl**dy ride.

Like you say Dave, other countries must be pi**ing themselves laughing at us.

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-07-17 2:17 PM

Just been reading today's paper and guess what.......Every home will on average pay £11 a year to be added for the next 8 years (I'm assuming this is to your council tax )

Dave

It'll go to the energy companies..

If you gave it to the council it would be spent on something else.

Airport Immigration Staff Vote To Strike Home office staff - including airport immigration workers - have voted in favour of industrial action.

PCS trade union members voted in favour of either strike action or some other form of industrial action in a ballot, the union said.

Members are angry about cuts to the number of UK border agency staff, and reductions in staff at the passport office and criminal records bureau.

malc d - 2012-07-18 3:55 PM

Just been reading today's paper and guess what.......Every home will on average pay £11 a year to be added for the next 8 years (I'm assuming this is to your council tax )

Dave

So it will go on top of the green tax i'm already paying on my electric bill, is that what you are saying Malc?

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2012-07-18 6:44 PM

malc d - 2012-07-18 3:55 PM

Dave

So it will go on top of the green tax i'm already paying on my electric bill, is that what you are saying Malc?

Dave

I don't think it will be 'added ' as a lump sum. Energy bills will continue to rise and this charge will be lost in there somewhere as part of that rise, and we won't even know we're paying it.

I personally accept the need for investments in alternative sources of power, but my suspicion is that some of it will go in hand-outs to wealthy land owners.

:-(

I see, stealth taxes. Thought the last government had cornered that scam *-) I agree with finding alternative power, it's just the underhanded methods of parting our money from us. What is annoying is that National Grid is a private company who give dividends to it's shareholders and we have to subsidies them. (Edited) I forgot, they also have a monopoly.

Cheers

Dave

Archived