moving

Alec

We have just sold property in Warwickshire and intend to purchase new property in Devon/Cornwall. We plan to purchase a used motor home and are prepared to look for as long as it takes to find small rural property. We are complete novices as far as motorhoming goes and would be very gratful if anyone who has done this before could advise us of any obvious pitfalls. I am hoping to have IT facilities in Van and again would appreciate any advice as to what I need. We were hoping van would have permanant rear bed is this possible in a 20ft something Van? Many thanks Alec

You can certainly get a fixed rear bed in short models - Devon even do such a motorhome built within a Renault Master. Back to your basic point: you need to understand a lot mor about motorhomes and the various types before starting to look. There are well over 300 different models on sale in the UK, and you'll just get confused if you don't know what to look for. You need a copy of the annual MMM supplement on Buying a Motorhome - contact Warners to see if they can supply the most recent issue. And I'll email you a copy of my own guidelines that were originally written for those buying abroad.

Hi Alec As youi start to read up on motorhomes have pen and paper to hand to note down the things you think you would like in your ideal motorhome i.e How big - length, height, width? How many berths? How many (belted) seats? Cooking facilities? Shower - yes or no? I could go on but you get the idea and, as you see motorhomes and read about them, you will begin to find the qyestions you need to find answers to before buying. Good luck with the search. David ps - as for IT in van see the thread 'Use of internet in Europe and UK' below.

Archived