Find a Campite database unusable?

Cattwg

Hi Derek,

It’s a strange one this. Agreed, if I hover over 'Campsites' then I can click and search on one of the drop-down options. If I click on 'Campsites' then I get the error message.

However if I click on one of the drop-down options (e.g. France) I can then go to ’Click back to choose a different country’ a search OK.

That is, the problem only occurs if I click Campsites to go directly into the search option.

On a personal note I’m not overly concerned, as I’ve found a way around the problem - which as you say - may or may not - be with my set up. And of course there are may other sites that list campsites.

Thank you for your interest.

John :-D

John

When the Campsites application was playing up prior to the Warners technical team making corrective changes, what you are able to do now was possible then (see my 24 January 2013 9:44 AM posting).

The downside of this 'work around' is that there's no opportunity to exploit the filters available in the Search part of the application - the part that you can't use because your screen freezes. Though you can produce a list of, say, all campsites at/near Leeds, you can't filter that list any further. The Search filters would allow (for example) retrieval of only those Leeds campsites that accept motorhomes and are open all year.

If the Campsite Search application is the only one that causes you problems and the inability to use it to the full doesn't bother you, I suggest you leave things alone. If you are encountering problems elsewhere that you think may be browser-related, then try using Firefox instead.

Hi all

Just a little update on the campsite finder home page situation further to the comments above:

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has provided feedback, especially those who have described the exact problems they are/were having. It's always good to have as much info as possible (especially browser and operating system) when trying to diagnose these issues.

So we've spent the last few days testing the Campsite Finder homepage on as many different machine and browser configurations as possible..! And we think we've made some changes that will speed the page up significantly (Internet Explorer users in particular should notice a big difference).

You will hopefully also find that if you click the back button from the results page to return to the CF homepage, your search criteria will now be retained (this may take a couple of seconds to update itself based on the way the page now works to remove some of the strain from loading the 5,800 campsite markers onto the map).

If you find any problems, please do let us know, either by posting on this thread, or message me direct if you'd prefer.

Thanks alot!

Archived