Olympics - no TV in van

Brock

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

We have decided to cancel the holiday and rearrange what time we have around the Olympic schedule. The only real solution which we felt gave a sufficient level of assurance was to get a TV fitted to the van. We are both against that as for the vast majority of time, we would not want to watch TV in the van. These Olympics are an exception for the missus as it is in the UK. Other times, she's been happy to listen to the radio broadcast of Olympic events when we've been away.

We are both satisfied that we explored every option available. On the upside, it means I can get on and spend some time pursuing my hobbies on my own. She wasn't keen on me getting a temporary girlfriend! I shall be well away from the Olympics as much as I can be although I might be tempted to visit Much Wenlock!

Guest pelmetman
Brock - 2012-07-22 11:13 AM

She wasn't keen on me getting a temporary girlfriend!

Women eh *-)............................there's just no pleasing em :D :D

Brock - 2012-07-22 11:13 AMThanks for all the comments and advice. We have decided to cancel the holiday and rearrange what time we have around the Olympic schedule. T

Hells teeth your Mrs must be really into the 'Corporate hijacked games' for you to do that......

I'm not criticising your decision ...I'm just amazed by it.

Were off to mid Wales tomorow and i hope we have no reception as Mrs ips wants to watch the opening ceremony of the noncence. All about sponsorship as far as i can tell. And as for being an amature games ...yeah right course it is.

Brock - 2012-07-20 4:14 PM

Booked to go away in UK for a fortnight on CC sites with a single week clash with Olympics. Missus has now decided she wants to watch the main finals of the Olympics. We have no TV in the van and no intention getting one. CC wifi is not good enough for streaming TV programmes.

So what's the solution? Change site to one with TV - where? Use pubs and watch their TV? I'm happy to cancel and rebook if necessary to give her the chance to watch the main events.

We cannot change our leave fortnight as we both work.

Suggestions welcome.

I`ll bet you wish you`d never asked...........lol

Regards.

Graham.

I cancelled because my missus of 33 years is more important to me than motorhoming [17 years]. I suspect despite all the jovial jokes between partners, deep down we will concede when one wants something so much.

Archived