Replying to PMs

armstrongpiper

colin - 2012-07-21 12:10 PMI have three 'long term' pm's in my 'outbox', two of which where replies to questions pm'ed to me, why bother asking and then not bothering reading the reply?

I agree it is the same when a poster asks a Question , others take time and trouble to reply and then the original poster does not even bother to acknowledge the replies, no manners is  what it comes down to I think.

Could be that not many people notice that there is something in their ' inbox ' as they assume / and look for, replies that they expect to be on the forum page.

Can't say I look at my 'inbox' very often.

( I'd better check )

;-)

I think this only happens if you have set the right answers in the boxes in the Forum Control panel page.

One of my replies has now gone from the 'outbox' to the 'sent' box, so it appears that it is correct that when the reply is read, the transmission is noted. I presume the other two replies haven't been read yet. Clever stuff!

Neil B

armstrongpiper - 2012-07-21 10:00 PM

I think this only happens if you have set the right answers in the boxes in the Forum Control panel page...

That's correct - the "Receive e-mail notifications when someone sends you a private message?" option needs to be set to "Yes" (default is "No"). And (presumably) a vaild e-mail address must have been provided in the Control Panel's "E-mail address" section.

Archived