POLISH GAS....prices

Bulletguy

Finally today I managed to get some Gas!

As those with Duetto's will know, space is limited and the Garage I went to were waiting for a delivery. I explained I would also need a regulator which here they call Redukjod (Reductor). So I ordered two bottles plus Reductor.

I went to collect this afternoon but he had only got me one bottle as he felt it was "very expensive".

As in UK you have to pay a deposit on the bottle unless you already have one. That cost me 95 zloty £17.75) for a 3kg bottle. The gas refill costs a staggering 25 zloty........£4.67!

Compare that against the mind blowing prices of Campingaz or Calor......and it's a joke!!

I'm relieved as the next few days are further still from civilisation with a lengthy trek through Parczew which is heavily forested and miles from anywhere, so I may well be on Gas for a few days.

Bulletguy - 2012-07-21 6:01 PMSo I ordered two bottles plus Reductor.I went to collect this afternoon but he had only got me one bottle as he felt it was "very expensive".

This is fairly typical of Eastern European business people. The biggest complaint ex pat company managers have in Prague is that they call their staff in to a meeting, tell them what is wanted and they go away, (never any queries etc.) When they come back they have invariably done something else or only half done what was required.

What is it in the mentality of these people that they always do what they think is best and don't listen to the customer or the boss, it's driving me mad!!!!

Losos - 2012-07-21 5:25 PM

This is fairly typical of Eastern European business people.

What is it in the mentality of these people that they always do what they think is best and don't listen to the customer or the boss, it's driving me mad!!!!

Losos

I'm just grateful these guys went out of their way to help me. The size I needed they don't usually stock. Now I have a bottle, once empty I can get a refill anywhere in Poland.....and for less than a fiver. A similar amount in UK costs three or four times that price.

Just had a good meal too at a Restaurant.....soup, Polish main meal (tasted good!), Beer and a coffee, all for just under six quid. Fish 'n chips costs me that much back home!

Archived