Bike carrier- at a price

snowie

I was in Amiens and saw this bike carrier on a Relay PVC, and it's just what I'm looking for, and just what I was going to "design"

It's 1699Euro; which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Does anyone have an idea where I might get something similar fabricated?

regards

alan b

busbiker01.jpeg.9e8dfa1e626fadf8836bde4c0b9f6a35.jpeg

Guest JudgeMental

I carry 2 x 20kg electric bikes on mine, the omni has a higher weight capacity then Fiamma (50kg)

But I wish I had gone for the Thule tow bar rack. I certainly would not pay that kinda price and hate to think what it weighs....

Probably weighs less than a towbar. It's pretty light box sections.

I agree, the Thule Rideon 2 @ £74 looks incredible value; add a towbar and away you go. If my wife could help me lift one of these off the towbar I'd get one tomorrow. Probably not much more hassle to take the bikes off completely; and a lot easier at low level.

Regards

alan b

I would be having a closer look at the Altera Strada which slides out and away from the rear. At £315 not cheap and you'd have to check whether it 'slides' out far enough to enable you to open the rear doors of a panelvan....

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/atera_strada_dl_2_to_3_bike_carrier_uk_lights_no_ar2602/Qx%40w%2C6M42VAwp3%40Rb%7B~cC4ure5K%7BWW

Theres a video here too...

Pete

Hi Pete;

this is similar to the Thule ones, and is a definate possible, particularly as it could be used on the car as well (not at the same time!) when we are going for a bike ride in Sherwood Forest.

I don't think it would allow the rear doors to open on the van though.

Add £120-150, for a towbar, wiring etc and the cost is rising.

Good job there's no rush!!

alan b

Guest JudgeMental

You need a socket for whatever you fit, as all need a lighting board if they are fitted low enough to be practical. Like I said earlier and for reasons you have just given, a tow bar protects the rear of van and rack can be used on other vehicles. most either tilt of slide but don't know if you can open the doors or not.

maybe someone who owns one could measure and let us know please, or if they have a panel van can they open doors?

Archived