Temporary CC site on the Shaftesbury Estate

Cattwg

Is it me or do the management of the Caravan Club live on a different planet? Page 29 of this month’s MMM – “The Caravan Club has secured a temporary site ……… on the Shaftesbury Estate …. no on site facilities … all ‘vans must have their own sanitation. Pitches cost £30 per night including electric hook-up”. OK so there’s electric hook-up included and it’s on a posh estate - but £30 per night – it’s a CL!?!

Cattwg :-D

Maybe the shooting and fly fishing are included!!!!!!!,OH its 7am must be in my dreams.!!!!.

Yes I thought it was a bit steep,but CC club are telling people it will popular site .Give me a site on Mosel for 7 euros a night any day.

Hi there,

The frightening thing is the site will probably be packed.

People with more money than sense springs to mind.

Not far from where i live is the world famous Blackpool.........lol

I don`t go out of choice but the in-laws live there so i " have to " go and on the way to their

house we pass the big Haven site at Marton

In a rear corner of the site is the rough bit where the tourers / motorhomes pitch, clearly

viewable from the road and it is ALWAYS full.

Just checked on-line at the price is a dizzying £55 per night, more if you only want 1 or 2

nights.

A little bit further north and you are just starting to touch the " Lakes " where prices can

be " From £35 per night " in low season.

These sites always have pretty much full touring areas.

I`ve got my Lucky Dip for this fridays " Euromillions with 100 Millionaires " and if i win

i will be able to have a night or two on one of these sites.

Regards.

Graham.

Archived