SOG for Thetford C400 toilet

Guest machra

Guest machra
I have fitted a SOG unit Type B to a Thetford C200 toilet on one of my previous vans which was a fairly easy job. However, with the new van having a C400 Thetford toilet I have looked at the SOG fitting instructions for this toilet (Type D) and see that it is a lot more complicated. This is due to the Thetford venting system coming out of the bottom of the tank. I know that as there is no vent valve in the top of the tank a Type B SOG will not fit but wonder if anyone has just fitted a Type A kit rather than cut the holes required in the bottom of the toilet housing for a Type D fitting? The type A mounts the SOG outlet pipe into the emptying neck of the toilet tank and so should fit.

Barney123 - 2012-07-26 1:02 PM

Hi, all I can say is have you had a look at the attached link

http://www.sognz.co.nz/sogii-c400-installation-instructions/

Someone may come up with an easy method, Hope you get it sorted

That link is for a "SOG II".

I don't know what fitting a Type D SOG kit will actually involve (depends on the particular motorhome I guess), but there may be problems trying to adapt a Type A kit as (I'm pretty sure) the C400's toilet-bowl opening mechanism will differ from that of the C2/3/4 toilets that the Type A kit was designed for. Fitting the fan and the emptying-neck-mounted vent-tube should be OK - it's how to switch the SOG fan on and off automatically that may be the stumbling-block.

Archived