Alde heating leaking

Zyroman

Can anyone help ? I have a Burstner with a 3000 compact heating system. It worked fine all last year but this year to level in the header tank is dropping off. Last week it needed a litre to top it back up to the correct level but I cannot see any obvious leak anywhere including the external drain point. Has anyone had a similar issue ? Thanks.

David

On the boiler is a brass automatic air bleed fitting. It is just where the hot fluid mix leaves the boiler. There is a clear plastic drain pipe which should go through the floor of the van. Check it underneath there.

You can remove the bleed valve and unscrew the top cover. I found plastic rubbish in mine (probably from the build when in the factory). If this is the problem and it still leaks afterwards, let me know and I can give you a cheap fix for it, without having to buy a new bleed valve (they don't do anything anyway, ask anyone who has tried to bleed the system ) :D

Guest JudgeMental
I had the 3000 also but no problems..but contents must be going somewhere. 747's advice makes sense

Archived