Tesco - 10p of a litre x 5 = 50p off a litre!!!

Mel B

If you need to fill up your camper within the next 2 weeks this could save you alot of money - the promotion finishes tomorrow so you'll need to be quick!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/default.aspx?name=petrol-promotion

When buying certain items you can get up to 50p off per litre per fill-up, you have to buy qualifying items and some of them are more expensive than at other stores but if you use the Tesco Price Promise checker once you've bought stuff you will get a refund of the amount extra you've paid over and above what you would have paid for the same item at either Asda, Morrisons or Sainsburys.

https://www.tescopricepromise.com/Pricepromise/Pages/Default.aspx

Note that you MUST buy at least 8 'unique' (ie different types) of products to qualify for the price match.

These are the items which have the offer on - you get 1 x 10p voucher for each offer (max of 5 of each offer per customer):

Any 2 selected Andrex Toilet Roll 9 packs for £10

Any 2 selected Robinsons Double Concentrate 1.75l for £7

Any 4 selected Heinz products (choice of mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, salad cream, baked beans 4 pack) for £9

Nescafe Original 300g for £7 or Gold Blend 300g for £8

Fairy Non-Bio Powder 72 Wash 5.75kg (£14)

In our area the things on offer are cheaper at Morrisons so the overall saving on the fuel is lost on the groceries-ie Nescafe 300gms is only £4 at Morries and 18 Andrex toilet rolls would last forever as they are not good in the Thetford toilet- and you get 6p a litre of plus Morrisons miles points on the loyalty card.

Calculating the whole offer (which I did) we are better off going to Morries

Thanks anyway

Mike

When we fill up it is usually about just over 60 or so litres - so a saving of £30 plus.

If you bought all the offers to get the discount and gave all the goods you wouldn't use to neighbours or to charity you would probably still be better off!

And think of the satisfaction in helping others as well as yourself!

Mike B. - 2012-07-30 5:38 PM

In our area the things on offer are cheaper at Morrisons so the overall saving on the fuel is lost on the groceries-ie Nescafe 300gms is only £4 at Morries and 18 Andrex toilet rolls would last forever as they are not good in the Thetford toilet- and you get 6p a litre of plus Morrisons miles points on the loyalty card.

Calculating the whole offer (which I did) we are better off going to Morries

Thanks anyway

Mike

... but they do the Price Promise so you wouldn't pay more ... !

If we fill-up our camper, say 80 litres max, at 50p off a litre that's a saving of £40!!!! 8-)

kelly58 - 2012-07-30 2:51 PM

1 we do not have a Tesco

Not even when you are out and about travelling? I thought Tesco was taking over the country! 8-)

2 too complicated to even try and work it out

You can borrow my calculator!!! :-D

3 diesel in France with currant exchange rates £1.03ltr

With the 50p off a litre of diesel it works out at around 85p a litre ... :->

4 thanks anyway Mel

Your welcome my sweet. :D

Are you sure you can use 5 tickets together? If so it would be well worthwhile me going out of way to tesco's as I've room for about 100litre at moment.

p.s. just read the link and it seems so.

p.p.s.

•Offer valid for deliveries made on or between 23 July and 1 August 2012.
seems like only tomorroew left.

Colin, yes you can definitely combine your 10p off coupons up to a maximum of 50p off. You have to remember that you MUST pay at the kiosk when you fill-up and not at the pump as you have to hand in the coupons.

So long as your grocery delivery is on or before 1st August you'll qualify for the coupons, you then have 2 weeks form the date the coupon was issued to use them.

If you can get in 100 litres then you'll save £50!!! 8-)

Mel B - 2012-07-30 2:09 PM

If you need to fill up your camper within the next 2 weeks this could save you alot of money - the promotion finishes tomorrow so you'll need to be quick!

Very helpful post - THANKS Mel!

Collected our 5 x 10p discount coupons today. Now got a couple of weeks to empty the tank on the van and fill it up at 50p off per litre.

By the way, according to the leaflet we picked up in the store today, the promotion runs from Monday 23 July - Wednesday 1 August INCLUSIVE. So one more day - tomorrow - if anybody wants to take advantage of the offer shopping in store.

Oh, and we've used the Tesco price comparison site to check if we'll get a credit coupon for our shopping - just waiting to see at the mo..

Don't know if anyone's notices that Tescos fuel prices have crept up - It's now 2p a litre dearer than Morrisons - who are offering 6p a litre off.

I don't normally buy te items listed at Tescos so I reckon I'm better off using Morrisons

mikebeaches - 2012-07-31 5:41 PM

By the way, according to the leaflet we picked up in the store today, the promotion runs from Monday 23 July - Wednesday 1 August INCLUSIVE. So one more day - tomorrow - if anybody wants to take advantage of the offer shopping in store.

Yes I know ... I forgot what day of the week it was when I posted it originally. :D The joys of not going out to work! :->

PS: As an aside, we went to a car boot sale the other day as usual and in the afternoon the Post Lady came and was chatting to hubby/saying hello to our dogs (she always brings them biscuits) and I was surprised as I couldn't understand why she was working on a Sunday ... it was actually Wednesday as the car boot sale is held on both days and I'd just 'forgotten' what day it was again. :$

• 3 months later...

Tesco have a 10p off per litre of fuel offer again, with a maximum of 50p per litre (5 x vouchers) ... just have to buy the right stuff. :-D

We were in Tesco today and noticed that someone had left a 10p off a litre coupon in a trolley in the trolley park so that was a real bonus!!!! Bet whoever left it is really peed off though! *-)

That'l be mine then Mel, I wondered where it went, I only went to open the boot of my car and someone snaffled it. It must have been you that was mooching around the car park looking a bit sus' then. :D

Mel, It seems that to get the 10p off a liter, you have to buy either top brands or in bulk !

Independent garages around where I live are selling a 2p a liter petrol or diesel LESS than Tesco. (3 within 1/2 mile of Tesco, 2 within 1 mile, and our nearest garage which is 4 mile from Tesco. There were a lot of aggro between the local independents and Tesco a couple of years back when Tesco was (allegedly) bullying the smaller garages around here.

Dave

Just gone back through the thread and it looks like its all been said :-D

peter - 2012-11-18 8:02 PM

That'l be mine then Mel, I wondered where it went, I only went to open the boot of my car and someone snaffled it. It must have been you that was mooching around the car park looking a bit sus' then. :D

Sorry Peter, I can't believe that you shop at Tesco ... must be WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too posh for you!!! :D

... unless you're one of the old cronies who wait for 4.00 pm when they reduce all the 'short life' stuff on a Sunday to 5p .... :$

When buying certain items you can get up to 50p off per litre per fill-up, you have to buy qualifying items and some of them are more expensive than at other stores but if you use the Tesco Price Promise checker once you've bought stuff you will get a refund of the amount extra you've paid over and above what you would have paid for the same item at either Asda, Morrisons or Sainsburys.

Note that you MUST buy at least 8 'unique' (ie different types) of products to qualify for the price match.

These are the items which have the offer on - you get 1 x 10p voucher for each offer (max of 5 of each offer per customer):

Any 4 selected Heinz products (choice of mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, salad cream, baked beans 4 pack) for £9

But, Nescafe Original 300g is also on offer at Tesco for £5.00 / jar, so stock up with that & save more than you can with the £7.00 + vouchers.

flicka - 2012-11-18 10:04 PM

But, Nescafe Original 300g is also on offer at Tesco for £5.00 / jar, so stock up with that & save more than you can with the £7.00 + vouchers.

flicka ... the offers are different this time round and as far as I can recall the Nescafe Original 300g isn't one of the '10p fuel' offer ones.

The 'best' one to get at the moment is on dairy products - there's a '10p off' voucher for spending £8 on them - as we like the long-life semi-skimmed milk and found that there's an offer on the Candia Just Milk 6 x 1L packs (whole, skimmed or semi-skimmed) at £3.75 making each bottle 62.5p, we've stocked up on it:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Search/Default.aspx?searchBox=candia+just+milk&newSort=true&search.x=0&search.y=0

When off on a trip in the van I always 'neck' the tank at every fill up so it makes it easy to work out the mpg.

I tanked up at my local Morrison before setting off on a trip in July. It was £1.37 a litre. Three months later I returned back to the UK and made my last fill up at the same Morrison at £1.42 a litre. Out of the nine countries I toured, the UK was by far and away the most expensive for fuel. Even in Germany it was only £1.10 a litre and they think their fuel prices are astronomical!

Travelled from Aberdeen to Oban last week. Diesel in Aberdeen at 3 stations (not Tesco) was 137.9. In Tesco Perth 138.9 and in Tesco Oban 142.9. I do not know where the fuel comes from these days but I guess Grangemouth in all cases. Distances to say Aberdeen and Oban cannot be so different that there is 5p per litre difference unless, perish the thought, the supermarket is simply charging what it thinks it can get away with! If you live in or near Oban you tend to think local price is not too bad till you get out a bit. Where I actually live I think it is 154.9 but I have not got any recently as I travel to the mainland quite a lot and always fill up there if possible.Unfortunately discounts never seem to coincide with my travels and in any case we tend to spend most in a couple of well known German brands who always have good parking and mostly no time limits.

Not fuel I know but Boots had a fantastic offer on Braun Electic Razors last week. I had been thinking I would need a new razor for sometime so when we were in Boots shopping for a few odds and ends I heard an announcement that they had alone day special offer of £90 off a Top of the range Braun Razor so,I thought I'll get one. When I took it downstairs to a till the price of a £199 razor came to just over £32 so I paid up quick and got out. When we got home and examined the invoice it became apparent that the had taken the money off for a previous offer plus the money for the special one day offer. The thing is the

Addy on the till didn't bat an eyelid when the price came up!

Archived