ledcom daylight running lights

wallace m

Hi folks im thinking of fitting daylight running lights to my 2008 ducato ive found an online company that have ones to fit in the foglight position i think this position maybe better than under the headlight as they would have to be removed to replace head light bulbs they are £59 plus delivery but seem to be well constructed and come with all wiring components. has anyone used this company before

Regards

Wallace M

Hi,

I fitted a set to mine easy to fit look very smart and are really bright very pleased with them.

A couple of points when fitting, get the set for a motor home as the kit comes with a piggy back fuse lead that plugs into the fuse box. You need to connect the live to the fuse box in the cab, I used the cigarette lighter fuse as a take off, the reason being that if you connect to fuse 21 in the under bonnet fuse box the light will come on when the vehicle battery is on charge when hooked up or in my case by my solar panel. as this fuse box is always live. They switch on at approx 13.4volt when the engine is running and the alternator is charging the battery. You will need to remove the nearside headlight in order to access the headlamp wiring harness to connect the headlamp dip circuit. Make sure you have a very clean earth connection any voltage drop here will prevent them from working. The instructions are very good, a couple of hours had them fitted

hope this helps regards Geoff C

I haven't dealt with Ledcom but I have dealt with these folks before and they seem to be selling a very similar kit for £20 less - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRL-4-LED-Fog-lamps-Round-70mm-Daylight-Running-lights-Wiring-Kit-/230817736049?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bdcf2571#ht_2084wt_1096

There are also much cheaper DRLs about which could be fitted below the bumper or in the air vent aperture - £59 seems rather a lot for DRLs.

I have fitted the Ledcom under the headlight ones they look good and work well, with these ones they no longer use a voltage sensing relay so no problems with wiring to the under bonnet fuse box.

On the thread link that Flicker gives you will find my report on fitting them & some photos.

Give Ledcom a ring and have a chat with the man he is very helpful and is a Motorhome owner.

Archived