enviromental badge for germany

orville

Gwendolyn - 2012-08-04 10:31 PM

.... generally a rapid response (for me and other posters here).

How rapid is rapid? Oops... have I left it too late? Depart on August 21st. Time enough?

....give it a go. Mine was under a week.

(If you don't get it in time,there's nothing stopping you getting (another) one at a vehicle dealer or TUV station when you get there - AFAIK there's no centralised register, it's just a bit more convenient to have it before you go).

Robinhood - 2012-08-04 10:59 PM

How rapid is rapid? Oops... have I left it too late? Depart on August 21st. Time enough?

(If you don't get it in time,there's nothing stopping you getting (another) one at a vehicle dealer or TUV station when you get there - AFAIK there's no centralised register, it's just a bit more convenient to have it before you go).

Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Took my eye off the "to do" list during the "Attack of The Summer Visitors".....

Gwendolyn - 2012-08-04 11:22 PM

Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Took my eye off the "to do" list during the "Attack of The Summer Visitors".....

TBH, we've spent quite a lot of time in Germany since the introduction of "Umweltzonen" and not really found ourselves constrained by their existence.

Given the low initial cost, and the ease of acquisition, however, it seems best to obtain a "plakette", particularly if, as you should, you qualify for a green one.

If we're visiting the areas most likely to be restricted, we're generally on public transport anyway, which we find efficient, cost-effective and convenient (even sometimes from some distance away), particularly if you can fathom the offers for multiple travellers.

Enjoy your trip - are you going as far as the Czech Republic?

Spent quite a bit of time in Germany last year and liked it – many years [early 1980s?] since we were there last – so we plan to revisit bits we like, and explore new areas en route to Austria. After various return visits to places in Austria, we may then head for Lake Garda / Como OR Czech Republic and home via Dresden…. Depends largely on weather I think. Or mood / whim / inclination!

IF the latter, I want to take my O/H to places in Moravia that impressed me [Olomouc, Luhacovice, Uherské Hradište ] where I went on a Twin Town Tour about 10 years ago, as well as Prague, Ceský Krumlov and Ceské Budejovice where we were also made very welcome on that Tour. I did, somewhere, ask for suggestions for sites near the Moravian towns – but none forthcoming, but I have an old-ish directory and have googled some sites.

All a bit fluid really – we often deviate from a [vague] plan. Even when "tugging" we did that.

Robinhood - 2012-08-04 10:59 PM

Ordered it on-line on Sunday evening [so, in practice, Monday 6th really]. Arrived today - Friday 10th. Yes, I'd say that was rapid!

Thanks for the advice.

Gwen

Robinhood - 2012-08-05 12:32 PM

Gwendolyn - 2012-08-05 11:39 AM

All a bit fluid really – we often deviate from a [vague] plan. Even when "tugging" we did that.

....as posted on Brian Kirby's "why go" thread recently, sounds just my kind of holiday! :-) ;-)

Naughty Robin! :-) Gwen has a plan that I can understand. The plan has a loose structure, with options to be adopted as circumstance, or weather, dictate. That is not so far from what I do, though I possibly join up the dots rather more before leaving.

We went 4 years ago, visiting Mikulov, Telc, Opatov, Prague, Tabor, Strmilov, Jindrichuv Hradec, Ceske Budejovice, Ceske Krumlov, Prachatice and Domazlice.

If it helps, we used campsites at Lednice (Autocamp Apollo), Bitov (Camp Bitov), Opatov (Campingplatz Vidlak), Prague (Sunny Camp - Stodulky), Strmilov (Autokemp Komornik), Trebon (Autocamp Trebonsky Raj), Cesky Krumlov (Caravan Camp Petraskuv Dvur), and Kdyne (Autokemping Hajovna Kidyene). All taken from the Caravan Club Caravan Europe vol 2 guide.

Brian Kirby - 2012-08-10 1:43 PM

Robinhood - 2012-08-05 12:32 PM

Gwendolyn - 2012-08-05 11:39 AM

....as posted on Brian Kirby's "why go" thread recently, sounds just my kind of holiday! :-) ;-)

Naughty Robin! :-) Gwen has a plan that I can understand. The plan has a loose structure, with options to be adopted as circumstance, or weather, dictate.

....would never have got my compliance teams at work to accept that that comprised a "plan".

(might have tried a few times, though ;-) )

Well perhaps “plan” is too definite a word… Sketch maybe? Improvisation? Fuzzy Logic? Whatever.... it is the antidote to “compliance” [not a favoured word here!]

The Critical Path Analysis is to Have Fun; we have left Gantt Charts behind us!!!!

Thank you Brian for those suggestions which I will copy and paste for reference if the Having Fun Meanderings take us that way.

Archived