help required selecting a motorhome please

funkslug

greetings

I am in the market for a motorhome, though my budget will not be huge, say 7,500.

my primary concerns are not only ones of low miles/reliability, but also of construction. I have been doing research on the work of Willhelm Reich, and it turns out living within any form of aluminium/metal box is decidedly unhealthy for you, and although this can be counteracted with the use of 'orgonites' (please google), the effect cannot be totally got rid of.

ergo, i am looking for a van/motorhome with a fibreglass skin rather than a aluminium one. wooden would be ok too, but im presuming these arent very popular due to weight.

any help greatfully recieved, though i do reccomend willhelm Reichs book entitled 'the orgone accumilator handbook', especially if you know anyone who suffers with cancer,,,,,

i thank you in anticipation of your help...

daz

I'll not bother proving mr riech wrong, and I have emprical proof, but consider the following.

Being in a metal box means you are in a faraday cage this will help counter the supposed harmfull effects of radio waves, six of one half dozen of the other me thinks, have a nice day.

Welcome to the madhouse Daz.

There is only one converter who made one piece grp bodied vans in your price range and that is Autosleepers and fortunately many of their vans of the 80's and 90's survive because they were so well made.

The early ones from the early 80's were based on the Bedford CF or Talbot Express but the base vehicles suffer from much tin worm and spares can be hard to source.

Later versions used the Peugeot Boxer and VW transporter base chassis cab and are a much better bet and unless you do huge miles abroad a petrol engined Boxer should serve you well. The VWs are much sought after still and are correspondingly more expensive.

The CF versions were sometimes called Clubman as were the VWs and the Talbot / Peugeots were called Talisman or Executive. There are also Ford Transit versions called Legend or Amethyst.

There may well be others but I can't remember just now - doubtless somebody else will soon!

The other alternative is to seek out, or convert your own, panel van conversion which as the name suggests are campers built into a one piece steel van.

Too much research can damage your sanity and no doubt I could find very good statistical research suggesting that I should never, A - get out of bed in the morning, B - cross a road, C - drive any internal combustion engined vehicle and D - live any sort of life. Your life, your risks, choose your own!

Not familiar with Reich, and not disposed to investigate, but the description of any motorhome as a metal box (or a Faraday cage for that matter) is, IMO, erroneous.

The cab section of any coachbuilt will be steel: in an A class mainly GRP.

Roofs of either may be of GRP or aluminium, as may the side walls.

Rear panels are frequently GRP, though some use Aluminium.

There are, of course holes everywhere, for windows and doors, so even allowing for the above, enclosure in aluminium is far from complete.

Tracker - 2012-08-03 1:42 PM

Surely the real point is - who cares anyway?

To which, I think the answer is not even the OP. Should have followed my instinct and checked the orgones before replying. Wiki is interesting on Reich. Theory debunked by US FDA, and Reich jailed for misrepresentation. You meet them all on here! :-D

Ah but Brian, surely thats a conspricy by US to protect sales of ali goods ;-)

Now what about those toxic chemicals used in GRP and wood structeres?

You are correct that a PVC or ali clad MH will not be a full faraday cage but they do give significant shielding from radio waves, else we'd all use internal aerials? :D

OMG have I made a big mistake as this week I have found and signed for my first motorhome, I was going to ask for help with kitting it out but it reads like I'm not the one that needs serious HELP !!!!! lol 8-)

Will post my help questions later about my Auto Trail Tracker EKS.

Zydeco Joe - 2012-08-04 11:39 AM

Will post my help questions later about my Auto Trail Tracker EKS.

Good choice Joe - the 2006 Tracker EKS was one of the best vans we've ever had, and took us all the way to the Nordkapp and back without a fault of any sort. Our only criticisms were the cramped loo, overly hard ride from the Fiat chassis and too many rattles and squeaks (the last two being as a result of each other!)

I suppose we ought to have been wary of any 'new' member naming himself after a detergent, but is this another one posting wonder who asks a silly question aimed mainly at creating controversy - and then disappears?

Life makes you cynical but being on here really confirms it!

Hi Tracker, many thanks for your comment about the Auto Trail Tracker EKS, we have had a good look around the MH dealers and this one stood out for us but time will tell how good it is. Cannot wait till we get it so we can start sorting things out we will need for our first trip in it to France for about 6 weeks.

I picked my name as we like Zydeco Music but I could have gone for "Fairy Liquid" LOL....

B-)

funkslug - 2012-08-03 11:16 AM

greetings

I am in the market for a motorhome, though my budget will not be huge, say 7,500.

my primary concerns are not only ones of low miles/reliability, but also of construction. I have been doing research on the work of Willhelm Reich, and it turns out living within any form of aluminium/metal box is decidedly unhealthy for you, and although this can be counteracted with the use of 'orgonites' (please google), the effect cannot be totally got rid of.

ergo, i am looking for a van/motorhome with a fibreglass skin rather than a aluminium one. wooden would be ok too, but im presuming these arent very popular due to weight.

any help greatfully recieved, though i do reccomend willhelm Reichs book entitled 'the orgone accumilator handbook', especially if you know anyone who suffers with cancer,,,,,

i thank you in anticipation of your help...

daz

You should be able to get an Autosleeper Monocoque made Motorhome for £7500 easily, the rear one piece Body will last virtually forever, unfortunately longer than the cabs will. Agree with Rich, the VW ones are best. But the Fords were good too. (I had a 1988 Talbot). good luck in your (unusual) search. Ray

thanks for such a great welcome to the madhouse.....you pays your money, and takes your choice i suppose.

Really, about my hero Willhelm Reich, and the fact the FDA banned him, if anyone honestly believes everything that is done in the name of any government is whooly trustworthy, then your very much madder than I can give you credit for...

Mr Reich died in jail because the people who run the west do not have our highest interest at heart, and never did from the start...how come most of the main biblical characters lived till over 100? adam lived fior 687 years...and with the advances on medicine you would expect that to go up not down....western medicine is just a ponzi scheme

but thanks for your input really....i dont want to live in a metal box because it impedes your connection to the universal energy supply that Mr Reich so accurately modeled. Providing you look after yourself and flush the toxins out your system, your aura can protect you from any harmful radio waves, and in the case of HAARP(google this bad boy...big time conspiracy fact), an earplug in your left ear will suffice until you can get your guides to tune you out of the badness.....

but if you really want to get conspiracy facted through the roof, what about the car that completed all 500 laps of the indy 500...WATER POWERED.....i want that one please.....any mechanics in the house???

peace xxx

Daz..

You sound like you may be a bit "out there " for some(most!) on here...so go gently with 'em! (lol)

On the subject of what vehicle..no idea what size vehicle you have in mind or how "handy" you are but ,if you're as "left-field" as you sound,what about looking at converting an old wooden horsebox..?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Leyland-DAF-Roadrunner-200000-km-5880cc-horse-box-lorry-/300744179734?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item4605c00016

;-)

Guest pelmetman
funkslug - 2012-08-06 10:32 AM

thanks for such a great welcome to the madhouse.....you pays your money, and takes your choice i suppose.

Really, about my hero Willhelm Reich, and the fact the FDA banned him, if anyone honestly believes everything that is done in the name of any government is whooly trustworthy, then your very much madder than I can give you credit for...

Mr Reich died in jail because the people who run the west do not have our highest interest at heart, and never did from the start...how come most of the main biblical characters lived till over 100? adam lived fior 687 years...and with the advances on medicine you would expect that to go up not down....western medicine is just a ponzi scheme

but thanks for your input really....i dont want to live in a metal box because it impedes your connection to the universal energy supply that Mr Reich so accurately modeled. Providing you look after yourself and flush the toxins out your system, your aura can protect you from any harmful radio waves, and in the case of HAARP(google this bad boy...big time conspiracy fact), an earplug in your left ear will suffice until you can get your guides to tune you out of the badness.....

but if you really want to get conspiracy facted through the roof, what about the car that completed all 500 laps of the indy 500...WATER POWERED.....i want that one please.....any mechanics in the house???

peace xxx

Cor.................... 8-) 8-)...............I'm goner like your posts :D..................

You weren't called Fiona in a previous life? ;-)

colin - 2012-08-07 8:57 PM

Thought we might have some interesting posts, but no, just standard run of the mill troll stuff and not very good at that.

I should think that may be because I doubt that many people are on the same wavelength as the original poster, so it's not easy to respond.

(True in my case anyway !)

;-)

bought a herald castile fiat motor 36000 onthe clock 7000,cash sold it 2 yrs ltr 7000,grp mono roof not an expert but would recomentd nice shape layout not too big wish i could upload pic but cant use pc toured germany austria switz slovac cz france never missed a beat dont rush took me 6 mths looking 250 mile radius take your time beware

Archived