Autotrails Service MOST IMPRESSED

michele

Hi Guys ,

Wanted to let you all know we collected Bessie the 4th last week .

Wanted to say a big thanks to Stuart the Managing Director of Autotrail , shouldnt tell everyone but he kept to his word , Firstly it was on time as promised and he never forgot to send one of those big Autotrail steps that they have at the shows for people to get into the vehicles with , Fantastic help when carrying the kids into the vehicle. Build quality looks fantastic feels fantastic , wont go on but just to say we are really pleased .

Thank you Stuart MD so much . We are now in Milau sitting beside the river having had a white knuckle ride up the Tarn Gorges lol. Moules & fritts went down a treat .

Happy Customer

Stay well you guys

That's fantastic Michele and we hope that everything continues to go well for you all.

Have a great time and don't rush back - but when you do get back please rejoin us as your lone voice of sanity is much missed by some of us on 'ere!

Who saod you can go there Michele? Thats one lf our boltholes!!. Actually we stay dkwn the road at Aguessac on the municipal site alongside the Tarn. Have a go at hang gliding while you are there. Lots to explore if you have motorbikes.

Enjoy

C.

David , Enjoy have good trvels in your new unit .

Guys thanks for the good wishes ..Clive what the hell do you think I am , have a go at hand gliding lol.Would be like Del Boy & Rodney when Del gives it the big I am and takes off for sea ..lol..I can see the hand gliders from where I am now looks fantastic but I will keep my feet firmly on the ground .. :D

Now help please .....two nights ago it was thundering it down . the next morning we took off for the local super u . Started the van and it had a funny noise rather like the fan belt slipping whilst wet ??? me does not know .

Anyway noise stopped so off we went only to smell burning WTH is it . Please tell me that they did manage to stop the water /engine problem. On opening the bonnet it was soaked all over ...Not a happy bunny and have visions now of being stuck somewhere next time it rains .Never seen an engine that wet before after rain .Please assure me it will be alright .

Michele - DON'T PANIC!!

The engine will work OK wet as long as wet does not get into the electrics and being a new van the water tight seals on all the electrics should be sound. Don't worry about water on top of the engine as it won't affect anything and will dry off when the engine gets hot and you can sort that out with Fiat when you get home.

It is quite likely that the noise you heard was indeed the fan belt (or auxiliary drive belt as it might now be called?) slipping when wet and again it can be checked and tightened by any Fiat garage or when you get home. Best done sooner rather than later if you get the chance as when the engine first starts there is a tremendous load on the belt as the alternator tries it's best to replace as quickly as possible all the battery power used since it last ran and the best thing to do is not provoke the noise even if it means letting it sit on tickover or fast tickover for a minute or two until the initial surge charge has subsided a bit.

Hope that makes sense as I've tried to use non techy words!

Enjoy the holiday!

michele - 2012-08-05 7:54 PM

Hi Guys ,

Wanted to let you all know we collected Bessie the 4th last week .

Wanted to say a big thanks to Stuart the Managing Director of Autotrail , shouldnt tell everyone but he kept to his word , Firstly it was on time as promised

I wonder if that is why we didn't get our new van before the 2 week shutdown? >:-)

Hope you have a great time!

Oh, and my money is on Trackers diagnosis of your problem.

Hi Michelle, Glad your new van is great we are getting our Autotrail next week not a new one but a Tracker EKS SE with a 55 plate and are looking forward to many years good use in her.

Went to the Tarn Gorge area in June and spent a week at Meyrueis staying at camping Champ D'Ayres, a very pleasant site in the Gorge du Jonte. Our first time in this part of France but we hope to go back soon in our van not the tent we did use.Look out for the Griffin Vultures along the gorges. B-)

Hi Michelle, Glad your new van is great we are getting our Autotrail next week not a new one but a Tracker EKS SE with a 55 plate and are looking forward to many years good use in her.

Went to the Tarn Gorge area in June and spent a week at Meyrueis staying at camping Champ D'Ayres, a very pleasant site in the Gorge du Jonte. Our first time in this part of France but we hope to go back soon in our van not the tent we did use.Look out for the Griffin Vultures along the gorges. B-)

rolandrat - 2012-08-08 9:26 AM

I was just wandering if anyone was aware of a problem with the new 3ltr euro5 engine turbo. Someone I know has just had one replaced under warranty.

I wouldn't touch a Euro 5 engine from any manufacturer - even Toyota or Honda - let alone Fiat just yet and for a couple of years at least - too much untried gubbins that they want us to test and develop for them at our expense.

Not a chance!!

Nice to hear from you Michelle glad you got your van on time have a lovely holiday :-D Ill keep everything crossed that you have no more trouble!! or thunderstorms 8-) we returned on 18th July and for six weeks we had one every couple of days it seemed right through France/Switz/Germany it was the worst weather we have had for our main hols for years so lets hope they have had there quota. ;-)

p.s Id be popping into any Fiat garage you see and having a word with the mechanic it maight just need slight adjustment :- ) my O.H thinks nothing of bothering mechanics when over there mainly Germany though. (lol)

So glad you have collected your new van Michelle. Good that you have got away already, i guess you had everything waiting to load onto it, as soon as you got it home!

One of our favourite area,s of France. The weather is not brilliant anywhere at moment (Except maybe Spain). Hope it stays dry for you, and have a lovely RELAXING holiday

Michelle,

Dont panic as your van is new you can always get hold of Fiat breakdown under your warrenty, we had to use them two vans back when we were inFrance they were with us within an hour and sorted the problem, ok we had to pay there and then but got our money back from Fiat on return home.

David.

Hi Michel

As David said, you are covered by Fiat Camper Assistance, if you are concerned.

Their phone No. is +44 161 332 1043. (for outside the UK)

Your dealer should have registered you, but if not give them the Reg. No. & VIN No.

They were very helpful when I rang to check if our new Adria was registered.

If you leave it until back in the UK. there is a freephone No. 0800 342 1111

or website:- http://www.fiatcamper.com/fca.php

Guys , to many names for me to remember to thank , See i,m like that its how I roll . But thank you everyone for advice and assistance once again,

SO they have not actually done anything to stop the water getting in ? just stuck a cover from what we can see over a small part of the engine. It rained yesterday first since I must admit first thing I said to him was , should i pop something over the engine ...Bloody crazy isnt it .

Whats gonna happen if we drive in the rain ? is it going to run down the screen and flood the engine ?.

Apart from that we had a leak yesterday all over me new carpets .the snap on connector under the cupboards for the hot water /Trying for the first time . Seems to be one of those push on speed fit things it didnt like being under pressure ... Sod it good job I stepped up into the van and caught it before it really flooded us .

Still impressed with the van though other than the fridge dont seem to be over cold ?. does on gs but not the leccy ..strange that .

Michele, have you removed the external fridge vent covers, fridges struggle to cool on electric if you haven't? You can buy some little red collets for the in line push fit water connectors which stop them from coming loose, just be sure that the water was definately leaking from the pipe and not coming in from an external scource.

Michele having re read your post regarding water coming in the engine bay, I used a hose on the bonnet of ours pouring water in the air vents on the bonnet sluicing over the screen and making sure that there was lots of water around. Checked the engine afterwards dry as a bone, are ther any sealing strips missing round the edges of the engine bay?

David

rolandrat - 2012-08-16 7:32 PM

Michele, have you removed the external fridge vent covers, fridges struggle to cool on electric if you haven't? You can buy some little red collets for the in line push fit water connectors which stop them from coming loose, just be sure that the water was definitely leaking from the pipe and not coming in from an external scource.

It's that continental electricity you are using. Just not as good as the Proper British Stuff!

I've just had a look in our engine bay after torrential rain and it is as dry as a bone. The water runs into a plastic tray and the down a pipe of impressive diameter. However there are two water traps at both ends that were full that would not cause water to run into the engine bay. Each has a small pipe to take the water away which had become blocked. I cleaned them out with a long plastic cable tie which I twisted as I passed it down the pipe. the one on the left (near) side is obvious and easy to get at. The one on the drivers side is situated directly under the window wiper spindle and it takes a bit of fiddling around with to get at it. It is important to free this one up otherwise the spindle of the window wiper will be immersed in water, which may well not do it much good in the long run.

Just one other thought your motor home is quite large with a roof area greater than the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. If you have it parked nose down all the water will run off the front and this just maybe what is causing the problem.

Talking of water on roofs, a cautionary tale for all. We had our motorhome pitched on a pitch overlooking the sea near Lowestoft. The pitch was way out of level with the front right corner very much down. Using the leveling blocks I managed to get the motorhome spot on level. Just before we left we had heavy rain which left a lot of water collected on the roof. When the time came to leave I rolled the motorhome off the blocks just as my wife bent down to retrieve the block. I'm offering no prizes for guessing what happened next. Fortunately after she had dried off she did see the funny side of it.

Archived