motorhome tv

skyrider

skyrider - 2012-08-16 8:49 PM

Its all making for interesting reading this motorhome tv thread im glad i started it :-D iwent into tescos today and looked at all of the small tellys but unfortunately i asked were any of them dual voltage and and non of them were :-(

For some reason no-one will tell you they're dual voltage - you have to look for yourself - I was cheeky and turned the TV round to see how they were powered. iIf it's 12V, there will be a power pack and it'll be connected to the TV by a small plug - if it's hard wired it's 240V only

If you find one with a power pack it will say on the socket 12V DC and indicate the polarity of the plug.

If they sell them as dual voltage they have to include the cigar lighter power cord. And the price would be double or more.

We have just realised (too late) that 2 od the small TVs we already have can be run off 12V - tried them both in the motorhome and they work fine on 12V

JudgeMental - 2012-08-16 8:39 AM

Hi Flicka, look decent enough for the money and good spec...but its all about how good the screen is.....

as we are far from TV addicts I don't really want to slash out an an Avtex

Hi Eddie

I can't comment on the Cello, as I've not actually seen one.

Just thought it was worth a link to this thread as a possible additional manufacturer for consideration, based on the savings against the Avtex.

Guest JudgeMental
you can run any 230v telly on a simple inverter... ...so just get what seems best value and more importantly screen.

Bolly1965 - 2012-08-16 9:48 PM Right i will go back to tescos and spin them round and have a look that should upset the staff a bit

skyrider - 2012-08-16 8:49 PM

Its all making for interesting reading this motorhome tv thread im glad i started it :-D iwent into tescos today and looked at all of the small tellys but unfortunately i asked were any of them dual voltage and and non of them were :-(

For some reason no-one will tell you they're dual voltage - you have to look for yourself - I was cheeky and turned the TV round to see how they were powered. iIf it's 12V, there will be a power pack and it'll be connected to the TV by a small plug - if it's hard wired it's 240V only

If you find one with a power pack it will say on the socket 12V DC and indicate the polarity of the plug.

If they sell them as dual voltage they have to include the cigar lighter power cord. And the price would be double or more.

We have just realised (too late) that 2 od the small TVs we already have can be run off 12V - tried them both in the motorhome and they work fine on 12V

Archived