Jeugdstadion Leper

Guest machra

Guest machra
Has anyone used this site recently as it appears that there is an automatic check in 'machine' that some say works and gets you access and others that say that it doesnt give you vehiclular access to the site. Normally I am not bothered as there is only wife and me in our van and so can move on easily but I am travelling with my son who will be in a car and tent so we are less flexible.

We stayed there last year 2011. It does have a card to access for vehicles. Did not find it a problem. We left van there and walked . It is a good site and easy walk into centre of town. Worth a visit , must see the Last Post ceremony at the Menhim Gate, very moving. If you are looking to find family names on the memorial, make sure you have as much info as possible, as it is BIG. I was lucky to find my great uncle listed.

Only thing we found was that it was expensive to eat and drink in the town

PS I think from memory that the reception had limited opening times, but it was end of April .

PJay

machra - 2012-08-06 8:58 PMHas anyone used this site recently as it appears that there is an automatic check in 'machine' that some say works and gets you access and others that say that it doesnt give you vehiclular access to the site. Normally I am not bothered as there is only wife and me in our van and so can move on easily but I am travelling with my son who will be in a car and tent so we are less flexible.[/quote

http://www.jeugdstadion.be/E/index.php I didn't know what this place was so I looked on Google and found this, very interesting .

Hi Machra -- Used this site in June, ideal situation for Ypres easy walk to town and ceremony at Mennin Gate. Hard standings available clean facilities. There is a web site which caters for advanced booking. Steward is on site for a couple of hours in the morning from 0900 and during early evening. No problems to report. Best wishes Bob PS Tent pitches also available

Archived