Guess who I've seen in Newport ...

Mel B

Today we went into Newport on the Isle of Wight and we were just todding along round a corner when a Police Officer told us we couldn't go that way as they were expecting a Royal Visit ... who is it I asked, and she said ...

Well I'll let you all guess!

Just one clue ... "not a cake" ... :D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-08-13 10:43 PM

Jessica Ennis ?

... or was it Duke of Edinburgh ?

Its easy to get those two confused isn't it :D

Malc and PJay got it right ... it was the Duke of Edinburgh - I got within 8ft of him and managed to get some photos on my phone, when I've worked out how to take them off I'll put them on here! *-)

Incidentally, he did look very well so hopefully he's over his tummy etc problems. :-D

Mel B - 2012-08-14 9:32 PM

Malc and PJay got it right ... it was the Duke of Edinburgh -

:-D

I must admit I cheated.

I was ' chatting ' with the royal family the other day, on their website, and Phil said

" Guess who I saw in Newport "

;-)

malc d - 2012-08-15 9:08 AM

Malc and PJay got it right ... it was the Duke of Edinburgh -

:-D

I must admit I cheated.

I was ' chatting ' with the royal family the other day, on their website, and Phil said

" Guess who I saw in Newport "

;-)

Not sure which is more surprising ... that you 'hobnob' with the Royals, or that Phil-boy remembered me!!! (lol)

Malc and PJay got it right ... it was the Duke of Edinburgh - I got within 8ft of him and managed to get some photos on my phone, when I've worked out how to take them off I'll put them on here! *-)

Incidentally, he did look very well so hopefully he's over his tummy etc problems. :-D

.......the shock was obviously too much for him! :-S

PJay - 2012-08-14 11:10 PM

Hope you are staying for the fireworks. they are usually really good.Hope the dogs won't mind the bangs

At least you/ve got the good weather

!

Nope, currently playing on the computer before cooking tea then it'll be round to the Yarmouth ferry departure point as we're on the 21.15 crossing tonight (hopefully they might let us on the one at 20.15!) so we'll find somewhere to kip down when we get across then its up to Malvern tomorrow for the show.

Weather ... its been absolutely hissing it down this morning - we took the dogs for a potter on the beach and got totally soaked .... anyone want 3 wet dogs? Thankfully it has finally cleared and is now bright and sunny but quite windy. Hubby has just given the dogs another good potter along the beach but is back now, so tea-time I think! :-D

Robinhood - 2012-08-15 6:04 PM

.......the shock was obviously too much for him! :-S

You beat me to it.

Archived