Rotten floor in 2006 Bessacarr E435

oldwatsonian

We bought this motorhome in 2007 when it was a year old. The habitation service was carried out each year 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 by Marquis. In 2011 no habitation service was done. The steps to the habitation area were looking and feeling loose so we took the carpet up along with the "nice Bessacarr carpet" at the door and discovered that the floor at the door was rotten and the step fixings were in danger of breaking loose. We took the van to a local repair shop which deals with building and repairing motorhomes. The cost could escalate to near £5000!!.

Has anyone had similar problems with a so called top of the range Swift built motorhome which is not yet 6 years old? :-( :-(

Hi i had a problem with my 2004 sundance 590rl it was 5yrs old had not habition service since the warranty had finished the floor was rotten by the steps. One phone call to swift told to take to their local agent who took phots and sent them to swifts. Swifts then contacted me and arranged arepaiir date vehicle was taken back to Hull and repaired FREE OF CHARGE they supplied a hire car for me to collect when ready and also paid for my fuel home al it cost me was one day to go and pick it up (they would have return it to me they gave me the choice). But on here of cause they say swifts do not give good service ! So phone swifs or contact them on swift talk it could take all the worry away it did for me.

Paul

Guest JudgeMental

in the words of Tom Jones i think you will discover this is a "not unusual" situation with swift vans.....Not keeping up yearly damp checks can turn out very expensive indeed. but I am sure others have cut out rotten areas and replaced at much less than what you have been quoted!

use the forum "search" function, and hopefully someone will be along to recommend a more reasonable repairer! I also wonder if the last damp check even bothered to look underneath! as this kind of damage dont happen over night and is common .....

oldwatsonian - 2012-08-17 4:29 PM

We bought this motorhome in 2007 when it was a year old. The habitation service was carried out each year 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 by Marquis. In 2011 no habitation service was done. The steps to the habitation area were looking and feeling loose so we took the carpet up along with the "nice Bessacarr carpet" at the door and discovered that the floor at the door was rotten and the step fixings were in danger of breaking loose. We took the van to a local repair shop which deals with building and repairing motorhomes. The cost could escalate to near £5000!!.

Has anyone had similar problems with a so called top of the range Swift built motorhome which is not yet 6 years old? :-( :-(

I have had a mix of vans over the years and found Swift service to be first class. If a service has been missed then not so good. You could try the following link though you will have to register to view or query

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

Arthur

friend of mine had problem with 2005 Ace.

Swift were excellent and replaced whole floor etc., as it was a known fault with floors between 2004 and 2007

Contact their service department. After all negative vibes regarding Swift service, it certainly restored my faith in them.

Best of luck

oldwatsonian - 2012-08-17 6:38 PM

Thanks to all for your advice. Will try Swift to see what the vibes are.

Check this link out. There is a known problem and it APPEARS that Swift will honour repair if the fault links back to that prob - not sure how failure to have all services done impacts that though.....

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum/topics/about-to-buy-bessacarr-e435-private-should-i-worry-about-damp

There are other threads on Swift Talk on this issue if you search "damp floor" "spongy floor" etc

Arthur

oldwatsonian - 2012-08-17 6:38 PM

Thanks to all for your advice. Will try Swift to see what the vibes are.

Hi Paul & welcome to the forum.

You may have had problems trying to contact Swifts' as the factory are on holiday shutdown until next Monday

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum/topics/factory-holiday-1

But you are not alone with this, as this search on their forum shows multiple threads regarding "Damp Floors"

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum/topic/search?q=damp+floor

Archived