Vehicle Excise Duty - Motorhomes?

Derek Uzzell

[QUOTE]Derek Uzzell - 2006-07-13 10:35 AM OK, for those with a reduced brain-cell count, I offer you.... 1. Motorhome 3500kg or below - Taxation Class=PLGV - VED £175 2. Motorhome above 3500kg - Taxation Class=PHGV - VED £165 3. Forget the CC article's reference to VED of £170, it's crap.[/QUOTE]

Hope your head's feeling better now!  Have you noticed that the V149 Rates of Vehicle Excise Duty form has a section giving rates for "Euro 4 Light Goods Vehicles"?

Now, as I understand it all the 2007 light goods vehicles will be Euro 4 compliant.  That introduces a further twist to the rates of duty applicable since, I assume, motorhomes based upon these will be Private Euro 4 Light Goods Vehicles, and be taxed accordingly.  That, currently, is £110. 

Almost worth buying one, isn't it?

Brian: There's something at the back of my mind that tells me the "Euro 4 Light Goods Vehicles" Taxation Class is being dropped by the DVLA at the end of 2006. Can't say how I 'know' this but, presumably, I would have read it in some magazine or other. On the other hand, perhaps this VED issue has begun to make me hallucinate!

Archived