Eurotunnel Overnight Stay

starvin marvin

starvin marvin - 2012-08-20 3:12 PM

I'm looking to use my Tesco vouchers and book a crossing on the chunnel. I recall on the only other time I've used the tunnel that we overnighted at one of the terminals, but can't remember whether it was in the UK or France. Our timings on this occasion leaving the UK are that we'll be arriving after dark at Ashford. Previously we just parked up with some lorries after an attendent pointed us in the general direction of a "car park"

Anyone done that? Don't care if its a free camp in the UK or an Aire in France,

If you want to stay on this side of the channel before leaving we have often used the aire at Canterbury Par and Ride. It was £2 - including return bus travekl into Canterbury - and has water/waste facilities.

I was told last year though that the services just prior to the tunnel turnoff has an overnight area for motorhomes but have not used this or had a look yet.

David

david lloyd - 2012-08-22 7:06 PM

starvin marvin - 2012-08-20 3:12 PM

I'm looking to use my Tesco vouchers and book a crossing on the chunnel. I recall on the only other time I've used the tunnel that we overnighted at one of the terminals, but can't remember whether it was in the UK or France. Our timings on this occasion leaving the UK are that we'll be arriving after dark at Ashford. Previously we just parked up with some lorries after an attendent pointed us in the general direction of a "car park"

Anyone done that? Don't care if its a free camp in the UK or an Aire in France,

If you want to stay on this side of the channel before leaving we have often used the aire at Canterbury Par and Ride. It was £2 - including return bus travekl into Canterbury - and has water/waste facilities.

I was told last year though that the services just prior to the tunnel turnoff has an overnight area for motorhomes but have not used this or had a look yet.

David

The services are just off junction 11, I believe one charges £20 for over a night stay this on is north bound the 2nd south bound as a 2 hour limit and notice boards warning a charge will be levied

Tracker - 2012-08-20 9:30 PM

We will be at the Aire at Bergues on Wednesday night, en route to the Rhine Valley for three weeks.

It's very spacious but just in case Bergues is full or closed we have a couple more in the sat nav!

Enjoy the peace and quiet - we will!

Rock, is the aire at Bergues on the campsite at Avenue Vauban? This is the only entry I can find other than overnight parking on the south east of town.

I'm not thinking of going there, just checking my newly downloaded Aires files from campingcars-infospace.

Rgds,

bolero boy - 2012-08-25 8:23 AM

Tracker - 2012-08-20 9:30 PM

We will be at the Aire at Bergues on Wednesday night, en route to the Rhine Valley for three weeks.

It's very spacious but just in case Bergues is full or closed we have a couple more in the sat nav!

Enjoy the peace and quiet - we will!

Rock, is the aire at Bergues on the campsite at Avenue Vauban? This is the only entry I can find other than overnight parking on the south east of town.

I'm not thinking of going there, just checking my newly downloaded Aires files from campingcars-infospace.

Rgds,

The above post was asking Rich (Tracker) about the aire at Bergues but my phone decided that I must be typing the word 'Rock' hence any confusion.

Rgds,

Archived