Rear Lens for Sevel

Mike B.

Hi

Anyone know where I can buy a lens for back light without buying complete lamp unit? It's a 2005 Sevel Fiat unit

Have tried Ebay and Gumtree and a few on line spare dealers but no luck-all want to sell complete unit for £50+. Lot of money for a small crack

Not bothered if it is new or used as long as it's in one piece

Mike

Hi Mike,

The chances are that it is made by Jokon, if not, Hella.

I managed to get replacements for my Burstner this way. The dealers want an arm and a leg for them compared to elsewhere.

A good starting point would be leisureshopdirect (note that there is a current thread regarding them).

If you examine the unit, there should be a maker and number on it. You could google that specifically. The plastic covers ARE sold separately, so don't worry. :D

....I suspect it will be the oblong "chassis cab" version, not the van one.

These are similar to the "5 function lights" on this page (and may indeed be the same).

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/lighting/rear.php

It may be worthwhile checking the dimensions/part number and/or giving VWP a ring (they are generally very helpful), particulalrly as a spare lens for their units is also listed.

Edit:

your photo confirms they look the same, but I would still check.

747 - 2012-08-20 5:19 PM

Hi Mike,

The chances are that it is made by Jokon, if not, Hella.

I managed to get replacements for my Burstner this way. The dealers want an arm and a leg for them compared to elsewhere.

A good starting point would be leisureshopdirect (note that there is a current thread regarding them).

If you examine the unit, there should be a maker and number on it. You could google that specifically. The plastic covers ARE sold separately, so don't worry. :D

Thanks for that-I'll check it and google it!

Mike

If you click on the photo of the relevant lamp unit (Ref: RCV3203) on the link Robinhood provided, then zoom the resultant picture, you may well be able to match the identification data moulded into the RCV3203 lens with the data moulded into your damaged cover.

I don't think there's any doubt that the lens cover on the link (Ref: 7699) is what you've been looking for. It appears (from GOOGLE) that the lamp-unit is an original Fiat part with a Fiat Part Number reference of 7698774 / 1360261080, but, as you've been looking on e-bay, you are probably already aware of that.

Thanks everybody for the information. I have been in contact with Wiring Products and they are 99.9% sure it is the correct one. They have offered money back if it's not correct so I've ordered one. A lot better at £9.46 than a full unit.

One again thanks for all the replies and helpful information-it is very much appreciated

Mike

Robinhood - 2012-08-21 11:36 AM

.....a nice company to deal with (or at least, that is my experience). ;-)

Don't know whether to order a couple of spares once it arrives and it fits-Either that or improve my reversing when I've got the bike or car on the back!! :'(

Or I could just blame Jackie!! :-D

Mike

Mike B. - 2012-08-21 11:43 AM

Robinhood - 2012-08-21 11:36 AM

.....a nice company to deal with (or at least, that is my experience). ;-)

Don't know whether to order a couple of spares once it arrives and it fits-Either that or improve my reversing when I've got the bike or car on the back!! :'(

Mike

.....I suspect they may be easier to deal with than Jackie! (in my parallel experience!) (lol)

Mike B. - 2012-08-21 11:43 AM

Mike

Blaming SHMBO usually comes MUCH more expensive in the long term >:-) >:-)

Yeah suppose you're both right-just have to look where I'm going in future!! :-D

I would recommend the company Robin Hood put me onto- Vehicle Wiring Products, ordered lens yesterday, arrived this morning and fit perfectly. Really helpful with information too-nice to get some decent customer service in this day and age.

Mike

....nice to know it's the correct item. (The question has been asked before, but, though it looks right, I've never been absolutely sure).

VWP are close enough to me to call in from time-to-time, and their catalogue is worth checking for any itmes in a similar vein.

Archived