Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD recall.

Brian Kirby

I have just received a recall notice from Fiat in respect of our 'van.

The recall related specifically to personally imported 2.8JTD Ducatos.  They say numbers affected are small.  I do not know whether the Citroen and Peugeot badged variants are affected.

Apart from being impressed with Fiat/DVLA admin and record keeping, it ocurred to me that some personal importers' vans may have slipped the net.  It will largely depend on whether your 'van has been transferred to Fiat's UK database.

Therefore, if you have imported your 'van, you may wish to check with your nearest/favourite Fiat service centre whether yours is affected.  From my information, you'll need the chassis number to find out.

The fault leads to excessive exhaust smoke "under certain driving conditions", so safety seems not to be affected, but passing your eventual MOT test may be!  The remedy is to reprogramme the electronic engine control unit.  At this stage, this is free.

It is possible this problem relates only to the 146hp "power" variants of the 2.8JTD engine, but anyone with a personally imported 2.8, common rail, Sevel based 'van would probably be well advsied to check.

Regards to all

Don

Maybe.  But the notification still arrived via this morning's post from Fiat. 

I can't help what VOSA put on their website, I just "told it like it is".

Mel

Re plans.  I spent the latter part of my working life as a project manager.  Without plans nothing would ever get done: with them everything never gets done, but at least you know what's missing, and when it should have been done!  That's when the fun starts.

Regards

Archived