Are we the only ones having after sales problems.

GEORDIEBETTS

Its sad when it all goes wrong , we all know that .

I cannot take away any of the troubles any one has but , to say they are all bad *-) bit far fetched .

I understand the anxiety and how down people feel when holidays are ruined and things go wrong .

The only way we as M/Homers can help towards making it right is to help each other on here ,but not to name and shame all but to also say when they do get it right .

When they do get it right they deserve the praise , this helps others to decide if they want to buy from them .To know who is good and who is bad .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thumbs up for Moran Motorhomes SWMBO and I bought a new M/ home from them this year I've just had a couple of small problems which they addressed straight away. Also when we first looked at vans there we weren't put under any pressure in fact Roger Moran who owns the business said take your time or go away and think about it. On top of that they were offering the best deal on the bessacarr we chose, I would recommend them from my own experience so we shouldn't put all the fish in the same basket in case the bad pollute the good!

I would also reccomend Moran Motorhomes of Ludlow,having bought 2 secondhand vans off them over the years and used them for servicing,MOT's and fitting of various extras.A real family business that has grown and grown based on honest dealings and first class service.

Brian Kirby - 2012-09-06 6:58 PM

If I may say, Michele, that is a very balanced and generous post under your present circumstances. Very well said indeed! Mind, I would have expected no less! :-D

You know me well :D :D

Awh no point crying over spilt milk ,afterall I could be in hospital dying of some horrible illness .

Lifes to short and I feel the good ones don't get any praise .Again afterall it takes years to build a good reputation and 5 minutes to knock it down .

Speak as you find BUT don't forget they are not all bad and people should be praising the goodones . ;-)

Maybe I should start a thread on the goodies and the Goonies .

:D :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1footinthegrave

Why would they rush, after all he only spent £100,000 with them, kind of puts my experiences of two large dealerships into perspective, I only spent a quarter of that each time, so should I be surprised to have had nothing short of diabolical experiences with both. They may well just be selling cardboard boxes for all the professionalism they showed ( after they had had my cash that is ! )

Can I name them without being sued, probably not, but beware if buying in the Shropshire / and West Midlands area. :-(

Brownhills (Cannock, now closed) carried out warranty work, very reluctantly, on my LHD Hobby 725 only after I complained to Hobby in Germany. This was around 2007 when they had the Hobby franchise.

Lowdhams then took over the franchise; I phoned them and asked whether they would carry out any work that needed doing in future (this was about 2008).

I was flabbergasted by the answer; they said no, we don't allow left hand drive German spec vehicles onto our premises for health and safety reasons!

What health and safety issues said I. The gas and electrical systems are different they replied. The phone was then put down on me.

At least Brownhills never used that one when they carried out a couple of warrant jobs on the electrics (12v distribution box) on my van, to a higly satisfactory standard I might add. They just said, originally, we didn't import it so we wont touch it.

I vowed then never to have any dealings with Lowdhams (they no longer have the Hobby franchise, I believe, anyway) but I would never buy a van off them.

At least Hymer are now looking after their UK customers. Each one purchased from a UK authorised dealer from now will have 5 gold stars (no doubt stuck on) to "protect" them ensuring that they are UK compliant and ticketty boo. So they can be assured that they are not made to shoddy german specifications but rise to our empire standard. (lol)

This is all done (of course) to protect us from those awful dangerous "foreign" Hymers.

ps bought from L*****ms and they were absolutely awful, not a clue about the Laika we bought from them, they did no PDI and were most unhelpful with any warranty issues.

SO sorry we did not get to the Lincoln show after all, Due to an unco-operative solicitor with our purchasers buyer, our house sale exchange of contracts was not done until the 18th of September, as it was supposed to of been 2 weeks before with completion on the 15th we were then urged to complete by the 21st of that week, so the weekend was forfeited for the big move. We have been in the new house for a week now and are just about settled.

In the meantime we are pleased to add that we are now happy with the outcome of our negotiations with Ian Brown.

We look forward to being back on the road when we receive our new van that we have ordered this week for an April /May delivery .

Regards to you all.

Geordie

Hi, glad it is all sorted out and you happy with the outcome. It is shame that you had to go through it at all though. Glad the move is all sorted and you can now start to relax and look forward to settling in and sorting out lots of trips away next year in your new motorhome. So what have you ordered and where from?

Kind Regards.

Archived