Ducato Sun Visors

Sammy

Ducato Sun Visors  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Fiat Ducato is a commercial vehicle and its designers won't have envisaged people fitting concertina blinds to its cab windows and won't have taken into account any impact such blinds might have on the operation of the standard sun visors. So the answer to your question about the possible availability of differently-shaped visors to complement your Remis blinds is that they won't be available.

My Transit has Remis cab-blinds and the windscreen blind's upper track limits the amount that the sun visors can hinge forwards towards the windscreen. This limitation is an inevitable consequence of the design of the Remis blind and, realistically, nothing can be done to change this.

The current version of Ducato (and Citroen Relay/Peugeot Boxer) has been around since 2006 and, by now, there must have been a fair few ended up in scrap-yards. If you are reluctant to hack the corners off your present visors (which I could well understand), modifying the visors from an older scrapped vehicle would be one option. In fact, there's currently an e-bay advert here

http://tinyurl.com/d6hgfzk

for visors that should suit your Ducato. (If you shop around, I expect you could obtain them significantly cheaper as they are not the sort of thing many people would want.)

Thanks for your reply Derek.

I agree with what you are saying. My hope was that as so many Ducatos are converted, and as Remis blinds seem to be the 'in thing', that some enterprising company had come up either with a modified visor, or could do the job.

Thinking further, I suppose this should really be a job for the converter !

It might be worth knowing how many drivers bother to move sun-visors to the side.

I've been driving for nearly 50 years and, although I regularly use the sun-visor to shade my eyes from the sun shining through the windscreen (and curse vehicle designers when the visor is too deep or too shallow to do this effectively), I don't recall ever unclipping a visor to swivel it sideways to provide shade from sunlight entering the cab from a side-window. My Transit has this capability (and it's mentioned in the Owners' Guide), but I suspect that many drivers will be unaware if their vehicle's visors can be swivelled.

We certainly use our sun visors on the side windows, quite often as it matters.

I wonder if you could attach one of these above the driver's door rather than hack your visors about?

http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/product/122/ac611/ac611-car-sun-visor-extension.html

http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/316/Car_Sun_Visor_Extension_Glare_Reducer.html

Well knock me down with a feather!!! :D

The month old Autocruise Accent we've just bought has the same problem! *-)

We've just picked it up and I tried moving the sun visor to the side and it wouldn't ... fortunately I already have one of the sun visor extensions I mentioned above (got it for 50p from a car boot sale still boxed!) so will see if it will clip onto the grip handle above the driver's door .... I'll let you know how I get on! :-D

Most of my motorhome miles are done in France;on many of the long straight stretches of old Roman roads,with the sun to my right flashing like a strobe through the trees a swivel visor would be a boon. I'll have a look at the clip on ...if I've got a grab handle on my side----have to go to where my camper's stored to check????

Archived