Crank-up satellite dish. Which way round?

IVAN

I've searched the forum and can't find what i am looking for. I have fitted a Omnisat crank-up sat' dish and am not certain whether i have put it the right way round.Should the dish face forward or to the rear? We are talking regarding wind resistance. There is nothing in the literature i got that says which way it should go. I have bought it second hand over the web and the Company is now closed over the bank holiday and i want to put it right before Tuesday if possible before i go back to work. :D

Guest pelmetman
I'd of thought facing the rear was the correct method of installation ;-) ...............Although that said, I often pass French (Gypsy) caravans on the road with their satellites in the upright position 8-).....

Thanks everybody.......job now done. .........This my first satellite dish on a camper, it's only taken 28 years. My second problem is, which channel do i set my TV to. In this day and age, there are that many settings....ie; DTV, SCART , HDMI, AV etc'..Any help would be appreciated. I tried today but had no idea what channel to set it to........... :D

If you have a free sat box then it will start up on whichever channel you left it on. Once it warms up sellect INFO on the remote and it will display info together with two bars, one for signal strength and one for quality, if you then press number 1 on the remote it will generate sound which eventually bleeps very fast when you are about to get the appropriate signal. Now the dish, point it east and move south slowly. Before you reach south you will come to 28.2degrees east of south which is Astra 2D and 1N (Both transmit on 28,2) In the UK the dish should be around straight up and down, when you reach the sat the box will tell you.

If you operate on a sky box, once it has warmed up put it on channel 101 which is normally BBC1. Press Services followed by 4, when the next screen appears press 6 and you will have the strength and quality bars but sky moves a lot slower than the sat box so just move a bit at a time. The dish instructions are the same for both.

Hope it works for you.

Art

Archived