RED DWARF - Series 10 coming soon!

Mel B

donna miller - 2012-08-28 5:36 PM

BBC 2 have also commisioned a new 6 part series of Bottom with Rik Mayal and Ade Edmunson, it features them in their 40s still trapped on Gilligans island (The setting for one of the live shows a few years ago)

As much as I loved the originals, i fear this will be a washout.

I wasn't born when the original Young Ones were on TV in the 80s but have seen repeats and for me they were some of the best British comedy along with Fawlty Towers .

Rik Mayals only bad moment was when Hollywood called and the horrendous Drop Dead Fred was released

donna miller - 2012-08-28 5:36 PM

BBC 2 have also commisioned a new 6 part series of Bottom with Rik Mayal and Ade Edmunson, it features them in their 40s still trapped on Gilligans island (The setting for one of the live shows a few years ago)

As much as I loved the originals, i fear this will be a washout.

I wasn't born when the original Young Ones were on TV in the 80s but have seen repeats and for me they were some of the best British comedy along with Fawlty Towers .

Rik Mayals only bad moment was when Hollywood called and the horrendous Drop Dead Fred was released

I do not know what on earth the BBC is doing these days when it comes to comedy - the total debacle of the David Jason "comedy" - ( I never found it remotely funny at all ) earlier this year where he was some idiotic protection agent - would make you think that they would try to do better. But it seems clear that the same idiots are still there and believe that infantile sillyness is what we as viewers want.

If anything indicates that these morons need to go it is the fact that they are wasting taxpayer money (the licence fee for the BBC is catagorised as a tax) and only have their jobs because presumably failure is accepted as being OK because it is only the Licence Fee money they are wasting and we have to pay that regardless of the crap they dish out.

The sooner the BBC becomes pay per view the better.

Archived