Great service in Cannock

Zydeco Joe

Hi,Just had some great service here in Cannock Staffordshire. As a new owner, only got our Autotrail Tracker 2 weeks ago so yesterday we got around to showing her off to the mother in law.... but some T..R.. stole the white cap for the water tank while we were parked out side her house.

As it was bank holiday monday no chance of finding a replacement so started looking localy today and at first no joy that is till we called into Cannock Resprays.I had been told they were not a spares place but a repair & fitting shop, but on passing we called in,telling the very friendly owner our problem (going to France at the end of this week so speedy replacement was important) he said he would look in the workshop and just two min's later he came back cleaning a cap. It came with a key and fitted perfect,and it got even better as he said no charge as it had come from a van that had to have a repair after an accident. In their web site they say they have old fashioned standards and for once what is said in a advert is true.

I dont know the gentleman's name but I will be using his services for things like habitation mot and services,many many thanks in helping restore faith in the motor trade.

Regards

Zydeco Joe

Zydeco Joe - 2012-08-28 5:14 PM

Hi,Just had some great service here in Cannock Staffordshire. As a new owner, only got our Autotrail Tracker 2 weeks ago so yesterday we got around to showing her off to the mother in law.... but some T..R.. stole the white cap for the water tank while we were parked out side her house.

As it was bank holiday monday no chance of finding a replacement so started looking localy today and at first no joy that is till we called into Cannock Resprays.I had been told they were not a spares place but a repair & fitting shop, but on passing we called in,telling the very friendly owner our problem (going to France at the end of this week so speedy replacement was important) he said he would look in the workshop and just two min's later he came back cleaning a cap. It came with a key and fitted perfect,and it got even better as he said no charge as it had come from a van that had to have a repair after an accident. In their web site they say they have old fashioned standards and for once what is said in a advert is true.

I dont know the gentleman's name but I will be using his services for things like habitation mot and services,many many thanks in helping restore faith in the motor trade.

A helpful and obliging service is the best form of advertising. Think of how many more customers this Garage will receive simply through your experience.

I had a similar experience with a local MOT testing station where I took my van after an exhaust bracket had broken. Main reason I took it there was because they had the facility to ramp up a high top van. The mechanic spent half an hour 'sorting it' so naturally I expected to pay something. Imagine my surprise when he said "no charge", so I gave him a couple of quid and told him to at least 'have a drink' on me.

Result is I now take my van there for MOT and servicing.

I know what you mean, I was a wedding photographer for 25 years and word of mouth was my best kind of advertisement.

I was so pleased with the kindness yesterday that I had to put a line or two on the web so other motorhome owners could read about them as we normally only read about bad service and know who not to use but not who too use.

Zydeco Joe - 2012-08-29 12:06 PM

I know what you mean, I was a wedding photographer for 25 years and word of mouth was my best kind of advertisement.

I was so pleased with the kindness yesterday that I had to put a line or two on the web so other motorhome owners could read about them as we normally only read about bad service and know who not to use but not who too use.

There are some decent and honest businesses and it's always good to hear experiences such as yours. I know Cannock though it's some distance for me to go for a Service or MOT, but both the good and bad should be listed.

I use Alf Hissey & Son Garage at Hanford, Stoke-on-Trent.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=mot+testing&companyName=ALFRED%20HISSEY%20&%20SONS%20LTD&location=ST48NJ

Archived